Patriot Mobile

I have seen the future of shooting ranges... I WANT!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Place in Katy is supposed to opening an indoor skeet range constructed by the same company that did this one...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wonder what it costs to get an hour on that range.
    Visit the web site and have a look. This video has been circulating for a while. Last I checked, based on exchange rates at the time, an hour on the 300 meter indoor range ran about USD$50.

The first time I saw that vid, I was curious to get translations of site pages until I figured out their price structure. Tonite I'm not so motivated. Anyone who wants to knock themselves out, the site is here: Willkommen bei MSZU - Müller Schiess Zentrum Ulm | MSZU - Müller Schießzentrum Ulm

One thing to keep in mind is that while there is a range of hobby shooting in Germany, it's much more radically skewed to the high-net-worth crowd. Facilities like this wouldn't fly in the U.S. (except maybe for shotgunners; they seem to have money) where it's easy to find people who think $50 is about all they're willing to pay for membership in a gun club for a year. Americans are cheapskates when it comes to shooting because it's so available to us. In Europe, if you really want to shoot you have to invest the big bucks in most countries. (There are notable exceptions - gun-friendly places in Europe where you can shoot for what Americans would consider half-way reasonable prices but it varies from country to country. I strongly recommend Amazon.com: The Worldwide Gun Owner's Guide (9781889632278): Larry Grupp, Alan Korwin: Books if you're at all curious about the subject.)

Added later - OK, curiosity got the best of me. Tonite the exchange rate is 1 Euro == 1.33 USD. The pricing page for the range, translated to English, is here: Google Translate so multiply all numbers by one and a third to get dollar equivalents. My memory wasn't far off. An hour on the 300m range is currently $48.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    I'll work on the translations for yall, what I cant figure I'll send to my cousin to look it over

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would pay 50 bucks for an hour on that range, just to do it. I think it would be cool to strap a rifle into that rig they got and see just how accurate it can be without me screwin it up.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I would pay 50 bucks for an hour on that range, just to do it. I think it would be cool to strap a rifle into that rig they got and see just how accurate it can be without me screwin it up.
    The testing gear isn't even listed on the pricing page. $50 buys you an hour on the 300m line, only. I can't imagine they'd lend you that testing rig and help you set it up unless you were willing to spend some fairly large multiple of that figure.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Looks pretty sweet. But i cant imagine the prices on some of that stuff. It looked like they had some high dollar guns. And well i am a cheapp ass. Hot wells works just fine for me.

Top Bottom