• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i banged a teacher in HS. it was super awesome.
    (edit- i feel compelled to point out it was totally her idea. wont post pics to preserve her career, but you wish i could yowza)
    i was already the best student though, but i guess extra credit didnt hurt.

what a great freshman year.

as for the OP,....

while i dont condone violence except in very specific situations, i would have verbally assaulted him brutally. to the point he would cry, or pee himself.

thoguh it could be fun to tie him up and let those old vets get their claws wet one more time eh?

ok ok, im going overboard, but criminy that is pathetic!

and FTR someon should tell that kid it is ok to dismount that horse, unless she does classes at the community college he will no doubt drop out of.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    I have never relied on the school system to teach my chidlren anything but lies and disinformation. For the 4th, we sat down as a family, read through parts of the Declaration of Independence, read an article on the sacrifices the 56 signers had to make and checked out the evolutionary history of our flag. We discussed how long it took to ratify the constitution (1787) and all my children are under the age of 11. They loved it. I loved it because it made something real out of this BBQ holiday.

I learned something too: did you know that when a flag is retired and folded, each fold represents an American Ideal? check it out on Wiki under the U.S. Flag. Very interesting.

If we don't teach them, how are they to ever know??

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    My sister is 30 and still doesn't know what the 4th of July is about of course she's a liberal douche bag so even if she did I doubt she would care. I actually don't talk to my family anymore because a lot of them are dirty hippies looking for a hand out.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Okay, not sure where the hell my comment went so I'm reposting:

Was this kid a Mexican national? I could see someone from another country not being aware of holidays unique to the USA.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Public Education = FAIL.

Be well.

So you say, but I've yet to meet someone that was home schooled that wasn't a completely socially awkward twat. Don't blame the school system, blame the sense of entitlement that kids have these days. It isn't the school's fault that kids don't want to learn anymore. It isn't the school's fault that it's popular to be dumb as a rock.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Clockwork I use to think like you because I had only met two homeschoolers in my life time (both were weirdos). In the past decade I've met three different families with brilliant, well adjusted kids who were home schooled. I'm sure it depends on the parents. If the parents are socially akward, the kids have no chance either way.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    So you say, but I've yet to meet someone that was home schooled that wasn't a completely socially awkward twat. Don't blame the school system, blame the sense of entitlement that kids have these days. It isn't the school's fault that kids don't want to learn anymore. It isn't the school's fault that it's popular to be dumb as a rock.

lol

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Clockwork I use to think like you because I had only met two homeschoolers in my life time (both were weirdos). In the past decade I've met three different families with brilliant, well adjusted kids who were home schooled. I'm sure it depends on the parents. If the parents are socially akward, the kids have no chance either way.

I've met some pretty messed up kids from otherwise normal parents...

The good thing about public school is that it prepares you for dealing with people in life. The cliques, the drama, all of it. It's just a part of life. Now granted, my biggest beef with the public school system is it programs people to be slaves their whole lives - to go out into the world and get a job and work for that paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle, but it's not like I as one person can change the entire education system of this country.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    my biggest beef with the public school system is it programs people to be slaves their whole lives - to go out into the world and get a job and work for that paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle.

Personally I would love it if after they went to school they would go out and get a job....it would solve many of the country' problems.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Personally I would love it if after they went to school they would go out and get a job....it would solve many of the country' problems.

But that just goes back to this generation's sense of entitlement. They want everything to be handed to them without having to work for it.

DaRedneck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But that just goes back to this generation's sense of entitlement. They want everything to be handed to them without having to work for it.

To them though it isn't even a sense, it's a right.

"Now I ain't gotta worry bout paying my rent no mo er putting gas in my car!"

Sense of entitlement was the previous generation. That generation bred a generation of leeches that think it is actually a right.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I do a lot of cooking for the neighbors on the holidays. I have a WWII Vet and a Korea/Vitenam Vet that I take care of on holidays because no one else does.

Today I threw down a big London Broil and and a bunch of veggies and stuff on the grill. I invited my landlord and she came by with her new boyfriend. He just graduated HS last month, so he's 18.

I was on the porch with a beer in one hand and a pair of tongs in the other. He thanked me for inviting him and I said it was no problem. He asked why I had such a big spread out for a get together. I told him I always throw down for the 4th. He looked at me with and asked what was so special about the 4th...

It took me a minute to realize he was being 100% serious. He has NO FUCKING IDEA why we celebrate the 4th of July. I am pretty proud that I didn't rip his arm off and beat him to death with it. Instead I went off on my landlord. She's a teacher at his HS. They let this guy graduate with a 3.4GPA and he doesn't even know BASIC American History?

I'm telling you, I am more disappointed right now than I have been in a long time. Sorry for the rant, but I needed to get it out.

Your landlady is a HS teacher and is dating a recently-graduated 18 year old?

No, that doesn't sound fishy at all.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Your landlady is a HS teacher and is dating a recently-graduated 18 year old?

No, that doesn't sound fishy at all.

She made it a point to tell me she waited for him to graduate before she went out with him so she didn't jeopardize her job. I don't get it. Mommy complex on his part, I guess.

Top Bottom