• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    If this dude was actually offended, I imagine he would have mentioned it earlier in the conversation.

Vegetarians are fine with me. I don't like when they get all preachy, but I can put up with it. If and when we have to resort to cannibalism, like in a plane crash or something, I've gotta think that the grass-fed passengers will be tastier. That's worth putting up with a tiny bit of silly preaching.
    Capitol Armory ad

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Alright guys calm down. Beer with me I'm alittle drunnk! LOL Happy new years! Any way the guy never got all preachy or militant he just pointed out that he was vegetarian at the conversations end.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Tell him you are pro choice when it comes to dietary preference. You may want to tell him you forgive his preference even though he is competing for grain and greens with your livestock food source. Every bite he takes deprives a baby cow.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Vegetarianveg⋅e⋅tar⋅i⋅an  /ˌvɛdʒ
    thinsp.png
    ɪˈtɛər
    thinsp.png
    i
    thinsp.png
    ən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [vej-i-tair-ee-uh
    thinsp.png
    n] Show IPA

–noun

1. Old indian word for "bad hunter"

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i respect his choices and understand them,i hate factory farming.....i love animals,i also need to eat them to have a balanced diet though. but i firmly believe animals should be treated well and slaughtered humanely and as painless as possible. i believe theres something in genesis about being stewards of the earth that backs up my argument. theres something to be said for mercy and respect for the creatures we consume. just my humble opinion ymmv

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    i respect his choices and understand them,i hate factory farming.....i love animals,i also need to eat them to have a balanced diet though. but i firmly believe animals should be treated well and slaughtered humanely and as painless as possible. i believe theres something in genesis about being stewards of the earth that backs up my argument. theres something to be said for mercy and respect for the creatures we consume. just my humble opinion ymmv

That's why I never eat veal.

TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    Very eloquently stated. I agree, and I also suspect it's difficult to abide by that ethos these days without teetering on vegetarianism.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Alright guys calm down. Beer with me I'm alittle drunnk! LOL Happy new years! Any way the guy never got all preachy or militant he just pointed out that he was vegetarian at the conversations end.

lol No worries then.

I've felt a bit of "oops" before like you did in your first post way up there. My one of my bro-in-laws is married to a vegetarian. But she isn't all preachy or pushy and she doesn't try to convert anyone. She just quietly goes about eating her meals as she pleases and lets us do the same. She doesn't complain about hunting or sport or anything else.

Anyway, don't sweat your conversation. You didn't know at the time until he spoke up. Frankly if he waits that long to let you know, especially when you're right in the middle of a hunting story, then his motivation to wait and tell you was for shock value. Now you know he won't appreciate a good hunting story like someone else might. He can be excluded from fun topics of conversation :D

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    yeah i never eat veal either,i think what factory farms do is cruel and insulting to real american traditional farmers. keeping cows frightened,sick and uncomfortable is just not right. i think we should have more respect for the animals we use for our milk and beef.....i don't think God intended for us to treat them like crap just because we might eat them. Same thing goes for pigs,i can't imagine animals crowded in sick filthy conditions would best very good for you to eat.

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Got no problems with plant & twig eaters... they're the only ones who have a right to give me grief about hunting. I do have problems with people who think their steak falls off of a tree, wrapped in cellophane, who look down at me for hunting.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i love to hunt,i think more people should do it......but i also try to make the kill as quick and painless as possible.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I worked with a guy that had a small farm and sold "natural" lamb and mutton. (He got such a great markup on it that he bought the meat for his own dinner at the grocery store so as to not cut into his sales.) He had a bumper sticker that read, "Eat more sheep". A woman that worked for the same company was a far, far out vegetarian. (She would read the ingredients on a package of crackers to make sure there was nothing that might be from an animal.) She parked behind him one morning and when he got out, she gave him an earful about his bumper sticker. He said, "Well, you may not know this, but I'm a very religious guy. In the Bible it says God put those animals here for us to eat, and I'm not willing to argue with God." For the rest of the time I worked there, she pretty much avoided any further communication with this guy!

Look, we all step in a pile of crap from time to time. The vegetarian guy will get over it - or not - but it's over and nothing else can be done.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Oh he was never pissed to the best of my knowledge just had had enough of the discussion so he dropped the vegetarian bomb and booked. Like I said I doubt I offended him he still says hello and stops at my office when a happy <insert your holiday here>.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Seems kinda anit-vegan to me too.

I wouldn't worry much about your situation. The reason I say that is that vegetarians & vegans are not the norm. What are they, maybe 1% or less of the population? Hunters comprise a much higher percent of the population.......majority wins. A vegan or vegetarian has to realize that they do not hold anything close to a majority rule and their lifestyle is a personal choice that should not be imposed upon others.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Seems kinda anit-vegan to me too.

I wouldn't worry much about your situation. The reason I say that is that vegetarians & vegans are not the norm. What are they, maybe 1% or less of the population? Hunters comprise a much higher percent of the population.......majority wins. A vegan or vegetarian has to realize that they do not hold anything close to a majority rule and their lifestyle is a personal choice that should not be imposed upon others.

Well said there King!!!
    +1

Top Bottom