I love NASCAR road course races

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Texas1911, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I think they should do more road courses. It's so awesome to see these heavy beasts slug their way around the road courses. Half of them are sideways through the corners.

Damn it's fun to watch. As a driver, I wouldn't want to bother running ovals any more.

This makes me like NASCAR again.

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    My dad said they are running rain tires too. That must be why they are all over the damn place, and they are running without practice too. Alot of bad setups out there.

3. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    IIRC, they use entirely different cars on the road courses.

I agree that it's a lot more fun to watch, and should be more fun to drive. Ovals are boring in every way.

4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, the setup is so different in the chassis and suspension they probably have to.

5. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    :tongueout: Was watching what I guess was qualifying yesterday in the rain. 152mph on that long semi-straight away then watch them brake down to 50 mph for a right-hand turn...awesome. I do not watch Nascar but I could watch this all day long.

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Road course racing is the best. I don't care what you are racing... go-karts, grocery baskets, camels, NASCARs, etc.

7. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Crap end to the race. Carl Edwards should have backed off and let Ambrose win out of sportsmanship. Ambrose ran off every single time, he led most of the race. He ran a perfect race, and made a single mistake.

Not a fan of that end, and the way Carl Edwards handled it, especially after causing the last caution of the day.

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I could never get into it. I do have some friends that moved to North Carolina to follow the races closer.

9. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    dawt

10. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Aug 9, 2009
    the range
    Oh man took my 6 year old to Chicagoland this last saturday for the Indy race, what a blast.
    Back on topic, hate road cources in nascar, Indy cars yes.