• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    ...And I didn't even get lost.

I got to see an old mine (twice). I got to see freaks who went out to the middle of nowhere (with cougars and black bears) so they could starve themselves. I got to help some day hikers who couldn't find the old mine because they didn't listen to directions. And I got to see a rattlesnake who decided the trail was his. I almost shot the snake, but decided to let it live. It was only about a foot long...
    DK Firearms

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Good call letting the snake go on his way. They usually couldn't give a flip about people as long as you keep your distance.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Thanks, guys. I'll get pictures up tomorrow, the camera is at my friend's house where we dumped all our gear last night. I'll get the pics tomorrow when we go through our stuff and put it away.

I would have shot the snake.

It was close. I had my Sig out of the holster and had the hammer cocked. I didn't really want to go around him because the trail was going through grass that was about calf-high and I was worried there might be more in the grass.

It was bad, I was letting my mind wander as I walked up the trail and didn't notice the snake until he coiled and rattled at me. I was a little close by that time... I started paying attention after that.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Cool glad you made it back and glad you had a good time. I'm thinking about going camping next summer at my parents place up in the Rockies, I didn't get to go this year because I was just to dang busy.

Top Bottom