• ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    In no order, incomplete list, just off the top of my head:
    Freedom: The days I wore a gun to the feed store and tractor store and the only word was 'hey nice gun', the Friday before deer season, at lunch hour in the school parking lot and the Principal and teachers going from car to truck looking out early Christmas presents, deer rifles and hearing them warn us that if we missed MONDAY they would call out Dad and ask if we got a deer or did not and the answer better be did not and he is still sitting on that tree stand. Or the time me 'n Ralph did a pantomime to the Song 'Long Tall Texan' and we dressed in our finest Cowboy gear and both of us wore real guns on our hip, ALL DAY at school, I wore my Colt .22 Buntline.

The Rat Pack: Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr

The KING: Elvis Presley

Gas: .25 cent a gallon Shell High Test, 101 Octane at the pump

Cars: Chevy Small block, Holley 780, Dual Fuel, Double Pumper, Muncie 4 speeds, Atlas Bucrons, Casler Cheater slicks, toolbox about the size of a shoebox...enough tools to disassemble a car and its drive line, Learjet 8 track tape player

Jeans: Levi's Californians in Wheat

1320: Gene Snow, Grumpy Jenkins, Hayden Profit, Don "Big Daddy" Garlits, Stone, Woods & Cook Mickey Thompson, Chi-Town Hustler, Hawaiian Punch, LiL Red Wagon, Don Schumacher, Dick Landy, The Ramchargers, Don Gay, Dog Thorley, Bill Thomas, Sox & Martin, Don "Snake" Prudhomme and so many more...

Paper bags at the HEB

Hero's: John Wayne, my Dad, Jack Webb, William Holden, Bob Hope, James Garner, Steve McQueen

Sounds: Motown, the Four Tops, Dionne Warwick, Grand Ole Oprey, Roy Clark, Roy Orbison, Gene Pitney, Marty Robbins, Tennessee Ernie Ford. Ray Price, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Brenda Lee, Skeeter Davis, Buck Owens, Ray Charles, Sam Cook, Chuck Berry, James Brown, Buddy Holley, music you could understand the words

Black & White: Life of Riley, Superman, Groucho Marx, Howdy Doody, Lone Ranger, The Real McCoys, Gunsmoke, Sea Hunt, Highway Patrol, 77 Sunset Strip, The Alaskans, Amos 'n Andy, Have Gun-Will Travel, The Honeymooners

Women: Ursula Andres, Raquel Welch, Dorothy Provine, Veronica Lake, Miss Kitty, Christine Keeler, Ann Margret, Lauren Bacall
    Target Sports

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I hate to tell ya', Ole Cowboy, but a 780CFM carb is WAY too much for a SBC 350CI unless it can ramp up to about 10,000RPM. Now, if it's a 400SBC bored/stroked to 455CI and built to handle at least 6000RPM then a 780CFM would prolly be okay. Look out, ya'll... thar she blows!!:)

I agree with most everything and everyone else you referenced though. BTW, I'm enjoying the recent movies on GRIT Network.

Also, many of the great old TV series you listed are still playing on my local TV channels.:)

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I hate to tell ya', Ole Cowboy, but a 780CFM carb is WAY too much for a SBC 350CI unless it can ramp up to about 10,000RPM. Now, if it's a 400SBC bored/stroked to 455CI and built to handle at least 6000RPM then a 780CFM would prolly be okay. Look out, ya'll... thar she blows!!:)

I agree with most everything and everyone else you referenced though. BTW, I'm enjoying the recent movies on GRIT Network.

Also, many of the great old TV series you listed are still playing on my local TV channels.:)
    LOL I was not linking them, in fact IIRC I ran the 780 cfm on my 427/435. I did a lot of work on Holley's on my rigs and for a lot of my buddies, loved setting up a Holley...

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    That's still a lot of carb even on a 427 bored .20 over to 435 unless yours could rev to at least 7K RPM and you'd need some damn good heads, radical cam and very open/short exhaust to take advantage of that much flow not to mention the loss of low-end torque. Personally... for the street... I'll take all the torque I can get. I'm not a big fan of peak-y HP. I do love the way those crazy cams "sound" though... scare the pee-pee out of today's kiddos in their rice-burners.;)

Yeah... gimme a '67 Camaro with a 454 and a shotgun rack on the back!!:D

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    That's still a lock of carb even on a 427 bored to 434 unless yours could rev to at least 7K RPM and you'd need some damn good heads, radical cam and very open/short exhaust to take advantage of that much flow not to mention the loss of low-end torque. Personally... for the street... I'll take all the torque I can get. I'm not a big fan of peak-y HP.;)
    I could run it as long as I stayed out of the thin air. I was hitting 2nd gear at 7200 rpm

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I miss.........
    .50cent bottle of beer.
    Not having a bleedin' cellphone.
    Waiting on the latest issue of Guns&Ammo and American Rifleman to arrive in the mail.
    Bricks of .22LR for $7.99
    McDonalds french fires cooked the way they used to be.
    Free air and water at the Filling Station.
    King Ranch Chicken made by Mom.
    Catching perch with a cane pole.
    Listening to the cicada sing at sundown on the Guadalupe river.
    Lightning bugs.
    Freezing my ass off in a deer stand.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    In no order, incomplete list, just off the top of my head:
    Freedom: The days I wore a gun to the feed store and tractor store and the only word was 'hey nice gun', the Friday before deer season, at lunch hour in the school parking lot and the Principal and teachers going from car to truck looking out early Christmas presents, deer rifles and hearing them warn us that if we missed MONDAY they would call out Dad and ask if we got a deer or did not and the answer better be did not and he is still sitting on that tree stand. Or the time me 'n Ralph did a pantomime to the Song 'Long Tall Texan' and we dressed in our finest Cowboy gear and both of us wore real guns on our hip, ALL DAY at school, I wore my Colt .22 Buntline.

The Rat Pack: Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr

The KING: Elvis Presley

Gas: .25 cent a gallon Shell High Test, 101 Octane at the pump

Cars: Chevy Small block, Holley 780, Dual Fuel, Double Pumper, Muncie 4 speeds, Atlas Bucrons, Casler Cheater slicks, toolbox about the size of a shoebox...enough tools to disassemble a car and its drive line, Learjet 8 track tape player

Jeans: Levi's Californians in Wheat

1320: Gene Snow, Grumpy Jenkins, Hayden Profit, Don "Big Daddy" Garlits, Stone, Woods & Cook Mickey Thompson, Chi-Town Hustler, Hawaiian Punch, LiL Red Wagon, Don Schumacher, Dick Landy, The Ramchargers, Don Gay, Dog Thorley, Bill Thomas, Sox & Martin, Don "Snake" Prudhomme and so many more...

Paper bags at the HEB

Hero's: John Wayne, my Dad, Jack Webb, William Holden, Bob Hope, James Garner, Steve McQueen

Sounds: Motown, the Four Tops, Dionne Warwick, Grand Ole Oprey, Roy Clark, Roy Orbison, Gene Pitney, Marty Robbins, Tennessee Ernie Ford. Ray Price, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Brenda Lee, Skeeter Davis, Buck Owens, Ray Charles, Sam Cook, Chuck Berry, James Brown, Buddy Holley, music you could understand the words

Black & White: Life of Riley, Superman, Groucho Marx, Howdy Doody, Lone Ranger, The Real McCoys, Gunsmoke, Sea Hunt, Highway Patrol, 77 Sunset Strip, The Alaskans, Amos 'n Andy, Have Gun-Will Travel, The Honeymooners

Women: Ursula Andres, Raquel Welch, Dorothy Provine, Veronica Lake, Miss Kitty, Christine Keeler, Ann Margret, Lauren Bacall
    As Tim the Tool-man Taylor would say arro aroo arro....

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Those definitely bring back childhood memories. I'll add "Boston Blackie" to that Black & White list.
    25¢ burgers and 15¢ fries at McDonald's
    Coca-Cola in the 8 oz bottles that you bought for a dime out of a machine with metal slides (the REAL original, not the crap they're pushing off as "original" now).
    35¢ a pack cigarettes out of the machine
    25¢ Saturday movie matinees .... showing the old Buster Crabbe "Flash Gordon" movie serials.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom