• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    I bought the sight off of Amazon for $22-- its a cheapo UTG A3 "Match" sight-- but suprisingly, it works pretty good-- I only bought it pending a better BUIS once I get optics(Eotech maybe) but it works well enough. AIM has Del Tons for under $700-- but I may try to get another BB from CMMG later this year. I am impressed greatly by this one...I am though committed to finishing paying off the Stag 2 and trying my hand a PlumCrazy lower .22LR build....too many projects, not enough money...
    Gun Zone Deals

TxCoyote

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Odessa Texas
    I bought an Armalite 180B at a gun show in Dallas last summer, used. It is a great piece for the money, less maintainance than a Ar 15.

I am not a fan of the Ar 15, I was "visiting" a Southeast Asia country when I was issued one of the first M 16's, that piece of junk soured

me on most of the copies that followed, the Armalite is the one exception I have made and so far I do not regret it.

TXF15crewchief

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    College Station
    I too will jump on Bargain Bin wagon. I just received mine today at my local gun shop and could not be happier; the fit and finish is impeccable, don't tell CMMG, but I think they sent wrong gun :D

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Okay, I was going to get teh bargain bin, but I also found this

Olympic Arms AR15 Rifle For Sale

I hear that the Olympic Arms quality has gone up, and they no longer use cast receivers or something. Either way, it's a NEW, lifetime warranty AR15 for $599...opposed to the bargain bin. I've only found about a dozen or so reviews, the majority saying they're decent plinkers/weekend shooters for the price.

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Although I own a OLY I would still recommend you get the CMMG bargain bin rifle.

LOL that says a lot. I know jack shit about AR's though...:(

For what i'd use it for, just slap a red dot and plink on the weekends...wouldn't that suffice? I also clean them after ever shooting...

How's the quality on that OLY

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    The OLY is actually not bad it is one of the free floated models, the only reason I would buy the CMMG over Olympic is that they have a better reputation and usually a CMMG would be more expensive than the current bargain bin price while the OLY is just at It's regular price.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I have done many builds using Delton uppers..they are great uppers. Pick up a lower for $80-$90 slap a parts kit in it and go..I would much rather have a brand new AR that I build, over one of those bargain bin AR's....just my .02 worth..

Top Bottom