• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Im looking at my opinions for priming cases but, right now im low on cash. I was considering a single stage hornady with an automatic priming system but, I already own two presses a single stage lee and a turret classic lee. I think my best bet is a used rcbs bench mounted priming system.
    Texas SOT

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've been happy with my Lee Auto Prime, the press-mounted one. You have to help the last few primers in the tube into place with a pencil, but it hasn't really bothered me. If I remember correctly, it was around $20.

One other thing worth noting, the instructions have primer brand recommendations, I use CCI which is one they say is OK. Best I can tell, for safety's sake they want you to use hard primers.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I think my best bet is a used rcbs bench mounted priming system.

I have one it works well on large primers on the small it tends to kick them out on floor there are ways to prevent this but it slows the process.
    I like the hand held primer tools but my old hands have some problems grip and squeezing after about 50.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I highly recommend the lee auto-prime handheld tool. It is very cheap and gets the job done well. Now, if you are reloading large volume, your thumbs can get a little sore using it. It offers excellent "feel" vs. bench mounted units and you can prime cases while watchin' TV. I will never use a press mounted tool after using this.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    The Lee options already listed are great; Auto Prime works good on my turret with either large or small primers. The Lee hand primer works as well on all rifle cases. No need for another press IMO.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    I have the dillon 550 B but don't use their priming system Only because I was used to using the RCBS bench mounted automatic primer system. I like it better cause I can feel the primer being seated . You not only can go by feel but view also. After you get your timing and rythym going , doing a few hundred rds. is no problem for me. Then I go to my Dillon to finish off the complete rd. I feel better knowing I felt the primer being seated firmly . But there are lots of people that can do that on a Dillon,.. just not for me.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've had an RCBS bench mount unit for many years. Get a primer flipper, load the tubes with primers, install the shell holder and away you go. It's easy and fast.

I have an old Lee hand held unit but prefer the RCBS.

Flash

Top Bottom