• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Is there anyone with connections to the military that can get me a Tank? I just need it for a few minutes. My company's testing a new accessory we're developing for the AR-15 rifle and I need to demonstrate how tough it is. Our materials expert says the product would easily stand up to being run over by a big rig, but I'd like to have it run over by a tank, and capture this on photo/video to use for marketing purposes.

Failing that, any other very huge/heavy vehicle will do, something heavier than an 18-wheeler. Maybe some type of construction equipment? Email me with what you've got. ceo@exilemachine.com

Thanks,
    -Mark
    Exile Machine LLC
    Exile Machine LLC - Tactical Compliance Products
    Guns International

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    In Fredericksburg Tx, there is a good WWII Pacific Museum, (it was good when I was 10) so I don't know how it is now. I do remember that they had a demo which they shot all the weapons like a mini battle, which was really cool to watch, because after wards they let all the kids go onto the field and pick up the casings and keep them. But anyways, I bet you could get them to run it over, since they used a couple of tanks in the demo.

I want to say that it is this place.
    The National Museum of the Pacific War

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You'd be better off contacting The National Museum of the Pacific War as swsmailman recommends, they do have operating tanks at a facility very close by to the museum.

It is highly unlikely that the Army/government will allow you to use their equipment due to the liability. Unless you are specifically working on a DoD contract, the legal considerations will likely prohibit you from using any US government resources...

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Is there anyone with connections to the military that can get me a Tank? I just need it for a few minutes. My company's testing a new accessory we're developing for the AR-15 rifle and I need to demonstrate how tough it is. Our materials expert says the product would easily stand up to being run over by a big rig, but I'd like to have it run over by a tank, and capture this on photo/video to use for marketing purposes.

Failing that, any other very huge/heavy vehicle will do, something heavier than an 18-wheeler. Maybe some type of construction equipment? Email me with what you've got. ceo@exilemachine.com

Thanks,
    -Mark
    Exile Machine LLC
    Exile Machine LLC - Tactical Compliance Products
    Me too. I need a tank for the weekend. Anybody? ;)

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    What kind of part is it?

Reason I ask is that I could probably get a firetruck from my department to run the part over, we just wouldn't want our tires damaged in the process. That's a good 20-25,000 pounds.

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Firetruck idea is great as is the jaws of life idea. This is destructive testing, what would it take to destroy the product... Maybe they could even put fire to it.

Top Bottom