• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I have an event next month in which I will need to shoot an AR-15 platform weapon. I have only shot an AR one time (and only 4 rounds at that). I am much more used to shooting AK's. Anyways, I would REALLY like to get more familiarized on the platform, that being said, would anyone be willing to take me shooting and let me shoot their AR? I would of course reimburse for ammunition spent, and maybe ill throw in a six pack to sweeten the deal. Any help would be much appreciated
    Military Camp

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have an event next month in which I will need to shoot an AR-15 platform weapon. I have only shot an AR one time (and only 4 rounds at that). I am much more used to shooting AK's. Anyways, I would REALLY like to get more familiarized on the platform, that being said, would anyone be willing to take me shooting and let me shoot their AR? I would of course reimburse for ammunition spent, and maybe ill throw in a six pack to sweeten the deal. Any help would be much appreciated

Send me an email, I can get you set up.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They are open until 7pm

Nuts. I'd be hard-pressed to make that. I get done working at 5:30 (at least, I'm supposed to) and it's usually closer to 5:45 by the time I've got my check in hand and headed for the Jeep. Working near the airport and accounting for traffic, there's almost no way I'd make it....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Seriously, can no one meet up at Bullis one of these weekends soon to help PFC Hardin? I would, but I don't have an AR.

I am trying to find someone at work, but there has to be someone on here who can set this up. Heck, I even know someone who builds ARs but he's "out of town" for a while...

Cheers! M2

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    AR's are so easy to shoot. I have seen tiny women shoot them in our matches and shoot Expert. In fact, up to 4-5 years ago they kept Carbines for young shooters and women. They bought AR's and sold the Carbines to club owners. In fact, sold all the M-1's too, I bought one with the bore TE gauged at 9.

In a pinch, someone could dry fire you through the procedures of inserting a mag, working the bolt/assist, and you would be good to go. Just get your windage and elevation when actually firing.

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    Thanks for the assistance guys, I will be out of town this weekend, but maybe something next weekend would work? And I have shot M16's before, I just shoot AK's so much and I need to brush up on my M16 shooting pretty badly.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I am asking around at work, maybe I can find someone to help you out.

A quick question, what side of town are you on? Would you be willing to travel a little (about 30-45 minutes)? I might know someone who can provide a little refresher training for ya, but I can't promise anything yet.

Cheers! M2

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    icon1.gif
    I need to shoot an AR, Help please!

If I had a dollar for every time I felt like putting a bullet in an AR...OHHH...you meant FIRE one!!!

Sorry, my bad...it's the drugs..Nyquil is good stuff!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Seriously, can no one meet up at Bullis one of these weekends soon to help PFC Hardin? I would, but I don't have an AR.

I am trying to find someone at work, but there has to be someone on here who can set this up. Heck, I even know someone who builds ARs but he's "out of town" for a while...

Cheers! M2

Camp Bullis is .mil only as far as I know, so I can't go there.

Thanks for the assistance guys, I will be out of town this weekend, but maybe something next weekend would work? And I have shot M16's before, I just shoot AK's so much and I need to brush up on my M16 shooting pretty badly.

I might have something going on next weekend, but I'll check.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Camp Bullis is .mil only as far as I know, so I can't go there.

That's correct, but since you were apply with the C/5/19th there I thought you might be in already and 18-series qualified. Now I see you are looking for a slot for SFAS.

but not as reliable and with a smaller bullet....

Now don't make fun of the Barbie gun!

m16marauder.jpg

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom