Venture Surplus ad

I Paid My Annual Rent (AKA Property Tax)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    I get they do lots of stuff with property taxes and many will argue they are needed to pay for things like education and police depending on the state and locality.

That said i always thought a man's home was his castle. I would figure that once you own your home you should own it. Now there could be an argument about paying for septic and such and maybe 911 in case of emergency, but actually taxes it seems to fly in the face of liberty on something you own. hell you can lose your house over unpaid taxes.
    Capitol Armory ad

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I get they do lots of stuff with property taxes and many will argue they are needed to pay for things like education and police depending on the state and locality.

That said i always thought a man's home was his castle. I would figure that once you own your home you should own it. Now there could be an argument about paying for septic and such and maybe 911 in case of emergency, but actually taxes it seems to fly in the face of liberty on something you own. hell you can lose your house over unpaid taxes.

I understand the sentiment, but the reality is, you're going to pay the tax one way or another. If they stopped property tax tomorrow, they would raise other taxes and take at least as much money from you each year anyway.

It sucks, but stuff has to be paid for. The best we can do is start paying more attention to how they spend our money and vote them out of office when they waste it (everyone in politics would be unemployed if that happened)

And while you can lose your house, it doesn't mean you will. I seem to recall a guy a couple of years ago that had a warrant out for his arrest so he just never left his property. Seems like he went the sovereign citizen route. The police never crossed his fenceline because everyone inside was armed all the time.

Of course that approach didn't work for David Koresh.

Top Bottom