• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I picked up the box and was worried there was nothing in it.

This thing is pretty nice, I'm very impressed with the quality. I did have to email B&C about getting some longer guard screws because they will apparently send them for free. Also, there is a bit of barrel support in the fore-end that I asked if it needed to be there. The barrel isn't free-floated in the action, but it isn't cemented down on the supports either. I figured it should be either one way or the other.

Anyway, here are the few pictures I took of it.

Comparison of the two stocks
    img1372ja.jpg

Pachmayr Decelerator, feels nicer than the factory Remington butt pad
    img1373a.jpg

The Alaskan Ti has a front block and a rear pillar. This one is only 3 oz heavier and it has the full block. Same price and I won't notice the 3 oz. It is lighter than the factory stock according to my hand.
    img1374j.jpg

The barrel supports. I asked B&C about this, but the consensus I've read so far is that if you have pillar bedding or a block you don't need them.
    img1376t.jpg

I cannot comment on how it shoots until I get the longer guard screws, but test-fit in the stock it feels like one big solid piece. Maybe I can do some groups with the factory rifle before any of this to get a good baseline while I wait for the hardware.
    Target Sports

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Rem 700 action truly is the chevy v8 of the bolt rifle world. It's a great action and lots of goodies available for it.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have a Tikka T3 Lite in .308 Winchester that was my primary hunting rifle prior to this build. It's a great rifle and the out-of-the-box accuracy is very good for a light contour barrel, but I'm not ever going to get much more out of it because of aftermarket availibility.

The stock that the Tikka comes with is much nicer than the factory Remington stock though, that helps a lot with the accuracy.

Top Bottom