I think I seen a bald eagle

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Talk about a crappy rug. That tupe sucks. Looks like a bald eagle just couldnt give up and shave it off and be proud of being bald.

Much like many guys.

baboon

TGT Addict
This one was on road kill. As it flew off the white (racist) hood was obvious. Then I seen the white tail feathers.

It was not as big as the bald eagles I have seen in the past. It’s hood wasn’t as white either. That’s what mad me think & look up Mexican eagle.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
Jan 20, 2021
Cypress, TX
Caracara are very common in the brush country and eat as much carrion as a buzzard. Have seen them near Katy and another person reported seeing a pair fly over the house recently.
Bald eagles migrate with the geese from Canada and eat the sick and crippled. One of the reasons govt. demands steel shot for waterfowl hunting.

gll

Well-Known
Jan 22, 2016
Caracara are very common in the brush country and eat as much carrion as a buzzard. Have seen them near Katy and another person reported seeing a pair fly over the house recently.
Bald eagles migrate with the geese from Canada and eat the sick and crippled. One of the reasons govt. demands steel shot for waterfowl hunting.
Seen commonly around Uvalde County, usually in the company of buzzards, all happily feasting on roadkill... I've never seen a Caracara take live prey.

jjkukla

Sep 9, 2013
Richwood
I saw a bald eagle in Lake Jackson a couple years ago. Almost ran a stop sign while watching it fly overhead! Used to see eagles all the time when we lived in Michigan. Really miss seeing them.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
Jan 20, 2021
Cypress, TX
Seen commonly around Uvalde County, usually in the company of buzzards, all happily feasting on roadkill... I've never seen a Caracara take live prey.
Not the only new faces in Uvalde County according to the news. Believe I would take the birds.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads