• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    So I have always wanted to go hog hunting, but never had an opportunity to do so. Is there any good place around here to hunt hogs (for cheap)? Maybe someone on here has land that they hunt on? Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks Gents

James
    Lynx Defense

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    So I have always wanted to go hog hunting, but never had an opportunity to do so. Is there any good place around here to hunt hogs (for cheap)? Maybe someone on here has land that they hunt on? Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks Gents

James

what do you mean by "here"?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I use to get to hunt them for free in West Texas. The farmers thought I was doing them a favor because the hogs mess up their crops.
    Now they want me to pay them to get rid of their own damn problem! Aint going to happen! Not when I end up fixing their tractors and other stuff while im there for nothin.
    GREEEEEED!!!

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I know this might be a longshot, but has anyone ever thought about organizing a hunt / camping trip for TGT members? I think that would be a blast

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    "I use to get to hunt them for free in West Texas. The farmers thought I was doing them a favor because the hogs mess up their crops."

Exactly. Get to know the right people and you can hunt hogs to your heart's content. Maybe put up classifieds offering your services for profit or barter.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I went to a friend's place outside Carrizo last month and shot 4 in one evening with my 454 Casull. Got 2 at once. Big ass boom, hog fell head-shot and the dumbass hog standing right next to him just looked up at me and didn't move. She got shot too. Lotsa pork in the freezer now.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    ive been advertising like crazy on facebook, at school, myspace(when i still had one). no one will let me kill stuff! :(

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    You're going to have to get out there a lot more than just posting on those websites. Try Craigslist and sticking flyers in the mailboxes of nearby farms/ranches.

jedwil

2d Amendment Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Hilll Country
    During WT season is not really a good time to try to find a place to hunt hogs in much of South and Central Texas. When the season ends, hit the road and hit the smaller towns and get their local papers and check the ads....Maybe post an ad in the local paper. Hit the local hardware stores and places that sell feed, etc---many have boards where people post possible hunting opportunities or you can post your desire to help in the extermination of a pest.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    It's going to be hard to find a good hog hunting place, for free unless you know someone with land that will let you do that. Everyone says hogs are pests and ranchers/farmers want them eradicated, but in the last 5 years or so, just like deer hunting, land owners have figured out people will pay to hunt them. And honestly, I don't blame them. Ranchers and farmers have a lot of money invested in their land, and work very hard to make a living at it. Anything the land can do to bring them some cash is welcome to them and might be the difference of staying above water and having to sell out.

There are day leases that go for around $100 or so on some good land. I don't think that's unreasonable if you have a good experience.

Top Bottom