• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grafixfrh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    columbus, ohio
    my name is frank hubman and my friends name is jon glazer our names have been used to sell guns on this site. we do not own, sell or by guns of any type so please if you see an add with our names please forward them to grafixfrh@gmail.com asap so i can forward them to the authorities. i am currently returning one of the patrons here money order for $750 which i caught in time before i had sent the money off to this female ive been in contact with supposedly in malaysia if it even is a female,lol. buyers beware sometimes there is a go between in these scams and you may track down the scape goat not the actual perp. they try to keep their hands clean by having an unsuspecting person do the dirty work for them. so please if you do see an add with those names please send asap thanks my number is 614-226-3705 i would appreciate a call if possible also thx and happy buying

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    So there are crooks out there who are impersonating you and your friend? And they are placing false ads in our classified? And they are actually having their victim's send money to YOU, rather than them?

And you send money to unknown persons in Malaysia?

OK; 614-226-3705, is a Sprint Cell phone Worthington Ohio.

The email address shows to be a guy named Frank in Gallipolis Ohio.

here is his facebook profile; Frank Hubman | Facebook

It appears he may actually live or has lived in Reynoldsburg, OH, and his name is Frank R, and he may be a Jr.

I have similar info on Jon.

This is not a good site to be playing games on. Law enforcement has plenty of resources to counter this type of crime without your game playing.

Good Grief, I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Googled and found this. Looks like the sale in question regarding the $750.

Pistols : *FRAUD ALERT* Kimber Pro CDP II

Seller Info: mjfogle33 *FRAUD ALERT* Kimber Pro CDP II

Austin $ 750.00

"Beware of this seller. Kimber Pro CDP II in Lake Placid and Austin (so far). Price is $750 for new in box Kimber Pistol. "Map this Location" indicated Lake Placid, FL, but he said he was in Ohio. Gave address to send Postal Money Order and "appreciated my concern." Asked for additional photos and he sent same photos as were for another ad on TGT for same model gun but with modifications. Asked why he advertised in Texas on this website if he was in Ohio, he responded with his address to send PMO. THEN, another ad came up--same price, same gun, in Austin, Texas. I responded and it was SAME GUY with email address changed by one letter. His response asked me if I needed to ship, as he was in Erie, PA. BEWARE!!
    Item #s 44437, 45348
    Known aliases:
    wpixon02@gmail
    Frank Hubman 4527 clayburn Dr W, grove city, OH 43123
    ThomNars@aol.com"

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    There was a Kimber Eclipse on TX Guntrader with a similar story a few months ago, makes it hard to trust purchases outside of FTF.... maybe the gun fraud isn't working out lately so their going for email addresses and phone numbers?

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Why would somebody handle money for someone he's never met before? In another country at that?

"Hey, I'm in Malaysia and I can't cash money orders, but you could totally help me! I know my pictures look different every time I send you one, but I've been prosecuted in my own country and need to keep changing my appearance to keep out of trouble. If you do these money transfers for me, and then send me $10,000 for a plane ticket to the U.S and A., I will marry you and make you happy forever!"

Loneliness and depression are terrible things. Feeding on someone’s loneliness and depression is pure evil, but people do it, everyday. I’ve seen so many stories like this and I just can’t picture myself in this position, ever. I guess I’m in a different state of mind than the victims though.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    FTF is the only way to go.

Yep! And don't forget it - because I bought any number of guns in the past year from all over the country...

There's ways ta do it w/o getting burned - one of them is to actually speak w/the seller over the phone. Takes a little more time, but I ended up with a Clackamas Kimber for $600 that looked like the day it came outta the factory. Everyone was nervous about it being offered so cheap - calling the guy, it turned out that he needed $$$ immediately, and thought by pricing it VERY "right" he'd get a quick sale. I overnighted the $$$ to him, and he paid the shipping for the gun - I couldn't have bought a CURRENT model Kimber for that price!

Top Bottom