Join TexasGunTalk

idiots and more idiots

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by gshayd, Jan 11, 2019.

1. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Cornyn introduced reciprocity bill for concealed carry today. If I remember right The House passed the Bill in 2017. Where were you in 2017 Senator Cornyn? Now you introduce a bill after the Dems gained the house in 2019. I have never liked this fellow he has failed to answer a single letter I sent to him. I know why now. Is he trying to show us he supports the 2A now and Mom's apple pie.

2. Big Green

Big Green Well-Known

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I emailed him about the wall last night and got the worst canned letter back. Might as well not even have replied to me.

Like someone said in another thread the other day, they’ll submit this stuff now when they know they don’t have to fight for fight and defend it but they can tell their constituents they’re trying.

TX OMFS likes this.
  3. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Senator Cronyn was the author of the bill “fix background checks”, last year too. I wish Senator Cronyn was a MUCH stronger supporter of the Second Amendment.

Now for some political reality. Can he be defeated in the Republican Primaries? (No.)

Is he still a better 2A choice than ANY Democrat (especially if Beto tries again)?

And there you have it (...I’m sorry to say). Too bad, Ted Cruz isn’t able to teach Cronyn a thing or two about how to support the BORs (most especially, the Second one!).

seeker_two likes this.
  4. Byrd666

Byrd666 Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Cornyn lost any and all support support from me years ago.

EZ-E and digger like this.
  5. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    So your choices are clear: either vote for one of his opponents (from another Party) in the general election OR simply don’t vote for one of two Texas’ senatorial seats.

At lot of Americans choose to not vote. I have myself, when no candidate passed muster (IMO). Some say, “hold your nose” and cast a ballot. With Cronyn on the Senate Judiciary Committee, at least Gorsuch and Kavanaugh got another “conservative” vote in support of their nomination. (AND he wasn’t a ‘Flake’ - pardon the pun).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    leVieux likes this.
  6. dapakattack

dapakattack Active Member

Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    Let your displeasure be known during the Primary. If/When he wins, then support him in the General (he is better than any Dem). Really wish term limits were a reality.

7. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    ^this.

ekim likes this.
  8. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Can't vote for wishes, only the candidates on the ballot.

So sometimes I pick the lesser of two evils.

Call the senator's office. Sometimes that effects change.

9. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Cornhole is the very epitome of the concept - "lesser of two evils".

One of those who is convinced the office entitles him to respect, yet doesn't respect the office.

10. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    That there is funny... I don’t care who ya are. That’s the biggest wish of all!

I actually do write & occasionally call to voice my opinion but I have no expectation that it’s really going to help. I know (if they even collect the data at all) my opinion is just going to be yet another ‘data point’ on their tracking survey at best.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    ekim, karlac and seeker_two like this.