Patriot Mobile

Idpa / idpa like matches north west Houston?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knosaj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Houston
    I've been looking for some idpa, or similar, pistol matches around north west Houston.

Preferably around the cypress area.

Thanks in advance!
    Gun Zone Deals

Knosaj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Houston
    Yea it's my understanding that they have an idpa training shoot every Thursday. But, it would be hard to make it in time after 5 and through the traffic to that part of town. Maybe I'll pop in on the weekend.

I did hear of some texas shooting circuit called lone star or something. They guy said it was based on idpa, but the rules were slightly different and there were no caliber restrictions. .???

Rubikees

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Houston
    Thunder Shooting Range has IDPA, USPSA, and LSSA on the weekends. The schedule is on the web as to which weekend is which group. We have been trying to get ICORE to shoot there but that has not happen yet. The club is having an intro to competition shooting and the first class is IDPA. Oh, there is also a Carbine match and at the end of the month we are starting a three gun match. The plan is for the club to send a team over to the national match for LSSA which will be just up the road from Houston. Anyway, that is all I got.

Knosaj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Houston
    West Houston club is too far to be practical.

Im surprised with as many ranges as there is in Houston, there aren't more matches like this. Ivev only started looking. I imagine more will present themselves.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Thunder Tactical Shooters in Conroe has weekend shoots. There are more out there, you just have to be willing to shoot weekdays. The indoor ranges cannot close down for half a day on Saturday or Sunday to host a match, they loose too much business.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Thunder Tactical Shooters in Conroe has weekend shoots. There are more out there, you just have to be willing to shoot weekdays. The indoor ranges cannot close down for half a day on Saturday or Sunday to host a match, they loose too much business.
    I was just thinking how lucky we are to have such resources here in the Houston area. Not many can travel less than 2 hrs to 4 different IDPA comps.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    SGA has IDPA every monday. it's not any closer than Shiloh, and they also start at 6pm. but it is another option.

Top Bottom