• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    Anyone know of a range that has a set up for practice runs. It is tough to get better when you shoot one or the other a couple of times a month. I know WHIDPA has an IDPA shoot on Wednesday nights out at the Impact Zone. Weeknights are hard to do. Any suggestions even on a Saturday.

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    Welcome to PSC-Range.com
    PSC isn't far from you. It's a private range with multiple pistol bays you can set up your own IDPA/USPSA style course if you are a member.

Jason, several of us joined PSC after meeting you at Impact Zone. I didn't know we could set up a basic course there. Who do we see about setting this up. You got us hooked on this type of shooting after your brief introduction to IDPA at Impact. Are you going to shoot the IDPA match this weekend @ PSC. Maybe we can discuss this. We have been shooting as many IDPA & USPSA matches as possible, but it seems like the only way to get better is to practice.

fm2, are you local here in the Houston area? Several of us would be interested in this, keep us posted.

gerritm

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I'm going to the 3-gun match near College Station this Saturday. I'm not a member at PSC but from what I understand you can practice for IDPA/USPSA in bays 2a-2f in the back when they are not being used for matches as long as you shoot only into the back berm. I've never shot the IDPA match there, but I'm sure a lot of the guys that will be at the match on Saturday are also members that practice there so I'd ask around. Looks the like the IDPA match director Charles Cotton is also the pistol director of PSC. He'd be a good guy to ask about what you need to know to practice out there.

You can get IDPA targets here:
    https://www.targetbarn.com/newstore2.asp?CAT=TARGETS&SubCat=CARDBOARDTARGETS
    If the range doesn't provide target stands you can easily make those out of angle iron, PVC, or wood. All you need beside that is some 1x2"s to staple the targets to and you can set up many basic scenarios.

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    I still have not shot in a 3-gun, yet. I have gone to a couple at Impact and they have all been rained out. That is my next goal. We have shot a couple of IDPA and USPSA matches and I am starting to get a feel for it. I even bought a race gun for USPSA. Not that I am near those guys in open, but it looked like fun. I still suck, but am getting better. You do any coaching?

I will talk to Charles about setting those up.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    Squad with me at one of the matches and I'll give you some pointers. If it's at the Impact Zone we can practice a bit after the match. Let me know if you're going to the USPSA match at Impact zone this weekend or the IDPA match there next.

Also don't forget about the Space City Challenge on April 17-18. It's Houston's big yearly USPSA match. Entry fee is higher than a normal match but they give out quite a few prizes. They are awarded by random draw so everyone has the same chance of winning.

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    Squad with me at one of the matches and I'll give you some pointers. If it's at the Impact Zone we can practice a bit after the match. Let me know if you're going to the USPSA match at Impact zone this weekend or the IDPA match there next.

Also don't forget about the Space City Challenge on April 17-18. It's Houston's big yearly USPSA match. Entry fee is higher than a normal match but they give out quite a few prizes. They are awarded by random draw so everyone has the same chance of winning.

I am going to the IDPA match at PSC this weekend. I have some friends that have gotten into this also and it will be one buddy's first time, so I want to make sure to be there to show him around. I will try for the IDPA match at Impact next weekend. Is WHIDPA putting it on? I was thinking of doing the Space City Challenge. It sounds interesting and would be a good learning experience and fun. I don't think I have any rating because I have not shot enough qualifiers.

Top Bottom