Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Texas Tactical IDPA
    January 29th (Saturday)
    8:00 AM Sign-Up and Orientation for Newbies / Shooters

Austin Rifle Club - Click for Location

$20, and more fun than you'll ever have on a square range.

Bring 150 rounds of ammo per shooter.
    Guns International

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Do you have to be a member at that range to participate? I've only been able to do one IDPA event, and I had a blast<--pun intended...

Think I will try and make this one..

tx787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Austin
    So are these events (this one in particular) newbie friendly? IDPA/Competitive shooting newbie, not necessarily pistol newbie (but not pistol expert by a long shot either).

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    So are these events (this one in particular) newbie friendly? IDPA/Competitive shooting newbie, not necessarily pistol newbie (but not pistol expert by a long shot either).

1st one I attended was great...people are friendly, and they will show you what to do so there is no question...I was hesitant, but went, and I'm glad I did.. I'll be there this Sat.. Shooting as bad as ever! LOL

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just FYI everyone, I checked ARC's calendar and the event is listed at 8:00AM. Just make absolutely sure to keep checking the time and confirm this, because this may be an inaccurate time or things may have changed. We'll try to update you all if we see a change.

tx787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Austin
    Cool, I might have to check it out then. Do I need to join IDPA online first or can I register for that in person as well? For equipment are 10 round magazines needed or just load to a maximum of 10 rounds?

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I didn't have to join at the cedar ridge shoot... I loaded my 12 rd mags with only 10 each... I don't think those rules are as strict...as in they ask you to load 10 and I loaded 10..

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Cool, I might have to check it out then. Do I need to join IDPA online first or can I register for that in person as well? For equipment are 10 round magazines needed or just load to a maximum of 10 rounds?

IDPA requires 10 rounds in the mag, meaning you can start with 11 (10 in mag, 1 in chamber), but you'll have 10 in any spare mag.

You don't need to be a member of IDPA to shoot the matches.

Qualifiers are there to rank people by skill, it's still a match, but it's run off of the IDPA qualifier course plan.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    We were there, shot with Ryan's group on stall 2. ALOT of shooters.

We were in bay 4 with Steve.. Yes, lots of people.. Didn't look like there would be much of a turnout at first.. We got there at 8:45, and at 9:10 the line for sign ups got long.. Most excellent weather as well...

Top Bottom