APOD Firearms

If gov redistributed your stuff instead of your money...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Maybe people would wake the hell up. Gov comes and jacks your extra car because you only need one. Gov agent ensures 10% of your HEB purchase goes directly into a poor persons cart. You have to buy one set of back to school clothes for less fortunate kids before you can buy yours. And on and on. Historically when people paid taxes with bushels of grain or other real goods they really felt the hit. Now gov has taken the sting out. It needs to hurt but only as bad as is necessary but it needs to be real.
    Texas SOT

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Just make everyone do their own taxes, no automatic payroll deductions. That'd solve all this sh$t real quick!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    LoL. If you think Obamacare is costing jobs, just imagine no need for the massive amount of IRS agents, CPAs, etc.

But in truth, I've long been in favor a flat tax.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Just make everyone do their own taxes, no automatic payroll deductions. That'd solve all this sh$t real quick!

Stop all 'withholding' of taxes. Make tax day the week before election day.

But that only works if the majority pay taxes. We're rapidly approaching the point where that's no longer the case. I'd bet if you factored in all the government employees as well as those who work for government contractors, we'd be past the tipping point.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Yeah, if you eliminate the concept of withholding and make people actually write a check every month or quarter, that would certainly help make breaking's original point.

But maybe having the actual poor person there taking possession of something tangible that you paid for would shame him or her into improving his or her lot in life. It might work both ways. You have to think that receiving a check from a bloated and perceived limitless pool of money doesn't have near the impact to the recipient as looking the donor and the donor's kids in the eye and knowing that you just literally took food from their mouths to feed yours. Maybe.

We also need to eliminate all the refundable credits, such as the Earned Income Tax, and force a minimum tax liability of like $50 or $100 or something. Everybody needs some skin in the game, even if it's nominal.

Last edited:

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Stop all 'withholding' of taxes. Make tax day the week before election day.

But that only works if the majority pay taxes. We're rapidly approaching the point where that's no longer the case. I'd bet if you factored in all the government employees as well as those who work for government contractors, we'd be past the tipping point.

Good point. We'd just end up with more dipshits voting for somebody who tells them "I'll screw the rich so I can lower your taxes." Democracy!!!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    No one would wake up regardless. We're in the middle of a multi-decade, multi-generational genocide of ignorance and over-emotionalism slaughtering education and logic wholesale. And those on the other side procreate at a much faster rate, so the problem becomes exponential.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think about that a lot in Austin. I lived near the Arboretum. Go to HEB and youd see basically no kids. Do the same on the East or South side and its the opposite.

So what's the plan?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Or we could just scrap all taxes except for sales and excise taxes. That would fix it real quick. Its the only way that everyone pays - legal, illegal, rich, poor, EVERYONE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I started this thread as I was just thinking the other day "how can we make people feel their taxes more?" Will live in an artificial economy and have a made up fake gov. Things need to be made real. When its real people will have more participation and gov will have more accountability.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    No one would wake up regardless. We're in the middle of a multi-decade, multi-generational genocide of ignorance and over-emotionalism slaughtering education and logic wholesale. And those on the other side procreate at a much faster rate, so the problem becomes exponential.

Wow!! Awesome way to sum things up. ;)

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I agree on enact a realistic solution. The problem is with people that think that solution can still come from government. It can't. It's broken. It's like asking the alcoholic to run the bar.

The real solution is fixing your own life, living as an example, and passing on your successes to your children and your neighbors. It's working to do something worthwhile in your own community.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I agree on enact a realistic solution. The problem is with people that think that solution can still come from government. It can't. It's broken. It's like asking the alcoholic to run the bar.

The real solution is fixing your own life, living as an example, and passing on your successes to your children and your neighbors. It's working to do something worthwhile in your own community.

I certainly agree with that and to me that starts with faith. Gov is a factor in that though as well. An oppressive gov makes it hard to live a good life.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I started this thread as I was just thinking the other day "how can we make people feel their taxes more?" Will live in an artificial economy and have a made up fake gov. Things need to be made real. When its real people will have more participation and gov will have more accountability.

Pain = Incentive to stop adopting habits that lead to failure. We have to let more people FAIL instead of constantly supporting habits that lead to failure. The problem is we now have a society that consists of a significant percentage of people that never learned right from wrong from their parents, were never allowed to fail on their own, and basically are grown adults that are not truly complete human beings with all of the knowledge and logic that a normal adult is supposed to have. Grown adults with larger vocabularies, that can sometimes talk a good game, but that ultimately have a 5 year old mentality, which is probably about where their growth as a person was stunted.

As far as a solution, I don't know that I have an easy or publicly "digestable" one to give. Unfortunately, I see plenty of evidence that some people are so far beyond help that it is probably physically impossible for them to ever come to an understanding of logic and fact. When you have a multi-generational problem such as this, where people have been raised in families that, for several generations, have all been successfully subjected to the same social engineering, they are quite literally brainwashed to a degree probably rarely ever seen before throughout human history. Children brainwashed by parents, who were themselves brainwashed by their own parents, some going back at least as far as the '60s-70s. For a lot of those people, I don't think there's any coming back from that. I remember discussing firearms with one before, and this guy (with every fiber of his being) said he will never own one and would rather let himself be killed than risk hurting another human being. That is beyond the point of no return when a person won't even try to defend their own life. Unfortunately, I think it's probably going to be something that takes another several decades of strategic efforts and positioning to correct. We need to be focusing on education, parenting, and many of the other simple yet pivotal building blocks of society, so we can stem the problem at the source.

Oh, and we need to stop breeding testosterone out of males in our society too. Just saw the other day that apparently a new trend has started with hipsters getting hair/beard transplants to try and have a "manly" beard.... Just can't make this shit up, but it perfectly highlights one of the problems. Men are not men. Women aren't women. Parents no longer parent. Wrong is no longer wrong. And right is no longer right.

Top Bottom