• Total voters

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Which people are those? So far everyone that has commented on this subject thinks OC should be legal. Maybe I missed a post?

Look at the poll results at the top of the page. The reason I comment the way I do is because those numbers reflects the effort of a Constituant.
    Two reason to vote No! The firts reason, you like infringment. The second, As a Constituant you dont understand that you have to represent what you want. If you want politics to work for you, you have to be active as a Constituant.
    In reguard to this subject, a vote of No is a submissive vote.

The question I have is did you read all of that post? If you did you would already understand the comment I made.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Look at the poll results at the top of the page. The reason I comment the way I do is because those numbers reflects the effort of a Constituant.
    Two reason to vote No! The firts reason, you like infringment. The second, As a Constituant you dont understand that you have to represent what you want. If you want politics to work for you, you have to be active as a Constituant.

This has just gotten ridiculous. That comment is just waaaay out there.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    You have an interesting interpretation of the question posted. The question was DO YOU THINK OC WILL PASS? It has nothing to do with "liking infringment" or understanding what a constituant is.
    Those who have posted have said it SHOULD be legal, but obviously dont think it will pass the legislature. I think lots of things should be legal, but dont think they would pass if the legislature had to pass them.
    The poll was simple and to the point, it in no way asked anyone if they supported OC, nor did it ask their opinion of whether is should be legal. Go back and read evey page of this thread and you will not find a single post that says OC should be illegal.
    It merely appears that the members have a good grasp of reality in Austin.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    This has just gotten ridiculous. That comment is just waaaay out there.
    No sir its not, you just wont accept it. I thought your comment was way out because I wont accept it either. Simply because it doesnt exist.
    icon1.gif

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by M. Sage
    TX is very much in the minority when it comes to OC. Most of the nation has it, why not here?

Texas has it too.

There is no way I believe "Most of the nation" has general open carry of a loaded handgun.​

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    No sir its not, you just wont accept it. I thought your comment was way out because I wont accept it either. Simply because it doesnt exist.
    icon1.gif

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by M. Sage
    TX is very much in the minority when it comes to OC. Most of the nation has it, why not here?

Texas has it too.

There is no way I believe "Most of the nation" has general open carry of a loaded handgun.​
    The posts are degenerating into gibberish...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    When did you exercise your 5th amendment rights on a traffic stop? Did the cop ask you if your were speeding?

You know they always do. They also ask where I'm going, what I'm doing and at night if I've had anything to drink. None of which they need to know and certainly can't compel me to answer.

Texas has it too.

There is no way I believe "Most of the nation" has general open carry of a loaded handgun.

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    You have an interesting interpretation of the question posted. The question was DO YOU THINK OC WILL PASS? It has nothing to do with "liking infringment" or understanding what a constituant is.
    Those who have posted have said it SHOULD be legal, but obviously dont think it will pass the legislature. I think lots of things should be legal, but dont think they would pass if the legislature had to pass them.
    The poll was simple and to the point, it in no way asked anyone if they supported OC, nor did it ask their opinion of whether is should be legal. Go back and read evey page of this thread and you will not find a single post that says OC should be illegal.
    It merely appears that the members have a good grasp of reality in Austin.

I have read it all. I also know you support OC, but I'll also bet you voted no. I voted yes becuase I believe with Constituant support, it will pass. I also know that Legislature is the elected Law Makers that are suppose to represent the laws the public establishes. Remember, we are a Republic. We elect government who enforces the laws the Constituant creat. If people dont get active, then hell no, it wont pass! the result of being submissive.............

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Please go read the poll question again, it asks "Do you think OC will pass?" This is why I started a separate thread asking folks if they would do so if it passed.

Asking if we would vote for or against it is a completely different question. We can start yet another poll but it will never come down to a public vote, it is something that would have to be passed in the Texas legislature. The discussions in this thread and the other on OC have centered on the opinions people have concerning open carry, and I would contend that even individuals like myself who aren't the biggest advocates of it would still most likely vote in favor if it ever came to it.

The accusations that those who voted 'no' in this thread or who choose not to open carry if allowed are forgoing any rights is simply ridiculous and insulting...

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I have read it all. I also know you support OC, but I'll also bet you voted no. I voted yes becuase I believe with Constituant support, it will pass. I also know that Legislature is the elected Law Makers that are suppose to represent the laws the public establishes. Remember, we are a Republic. We elect government who enforces the laws the Constituant creat. If people dont get active, then hell no, it wont pass! the result of being submissive.............

I voted "no" because I don't think open OC will become law this session. If an OC bill comes to the floor I think it would pass, but I don't think it will get to the floor. Not in both chambers anyway.

I agree with you it would get rushed through and passed if there were enough constituent support, but there is not enough constituent support. Even many gun owners are ignorantly opposed to OC becoming generally legal.

We have to be realistic. I believe this session will bring us College carry, and maybe a few other wins. I'd rather have only a few wins every 2 years than a legislature that is always in session.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Out of curiosity, I posted a poll on a non-gun forum in Texas hoping to see if the "general public" is in favor or against open carry. I kept it simple, and simply asked if Texas should pass a law allowing it (with only a 'yes' or 'no' choice for answers). I also asked for opinions on why folks voted the way they did.

Give it a few days to see if if there is much of a response, and I will post results here. Since that specific question wasn't asked here (only if we thought such a bill would pass, or would we OC if it did), we don't really have much to compare it with; but I still think it will provide some insight into how the non-firearm community feels about this issue.

Cheers! M2

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Out of curiosity, I posted a poll on a non-gun forum in Texas hoping to see if the "general public" is in favor or against open carry. I kept it simple, and simply asked if Texas should pass a law allowing it (with only a 'yes' or 'no' choice for answers). I also asked for opinions on why folks voted the way they did.

Give it a few days to see if if there is much of a response, and I will post results here. Since that specific question wasn't asked here (only if we thought such a bill would pass, or would we OC if it did), we don't really have much to compare it with; but I still think it will provide some insight into how the non-firearm community feels about this issue.

Cheers! M2

Can you give an idea of the type of site you posted at? Just so we've got a general idea of the demographics.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's generally a relocation website for people moving across the country, but the state and city sections are valuable sources of local info.

Heck, I'll just go ahead and tell everyone it's City Data.com; and that site was visited by over 13 million unique visitors in October 2010, just to give you an idea of the amount of people that use it! It has over 1,000,000 registered members and 16,000,000 posts across the nation and in Canada...

Cheers! M2

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    It's generally a relocation website for people moving across the country, but the state and city sections are valuable sources of local info.

Heck, I'll just go ahead and tell everyone it's City Data.com; and that site was visited by over 13 million unique visitors in October 2010, just to give you an idea of the amount of people that use it! It has over 1,000,000 registered members and 16,000,000 posts across the nation and in Canada...

Cheers! M2

Impressive numbers. Please do post back with the results.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    hehehe - figgered that's where you posted it......<G>

Yeah, it was pretty easy to figure out, wasn't it?

I might as well post a link to the thread, if that's OK....

Should the Texas Legislature Pass a Law to Allow the Open Carrying of Firearms? - (TX) - City-Data Forum

And feel free to vote and post your opinions on there. Yes, my intent was to get an idea of what the "general public" felt about this issue; but we're the "general public" as well, aren't we?

I tried to be impartial in my initial post, but I may have influenced things a bit by pointing out that Texas was one of only seven states (and the District of Columbia) that didn't allow OC. Poller's bias, I guess; but it is interesting that in the 17 votes tallied so far, 11 are in favor of it where 8 are opposed. That's almost the complete opposite of the results on here of who think such a bill would pass...

Cheers! M2

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yeah, it was pretty easy to figure out, wasn't it?

I might as well post a like to the thread, if that's OK....

Should the Texas Legislature Pass a Law to Allow the Open Carrying of Firearms? - (TX) - City-Data Forum

And feel free to vote and post your opinions on there. Yes, my intent was to get an idea of what the "general public" felt about this issue; but we're the "general public" as well, aren't we?

I tried to be impartial in my initial post, but I may have influenced things a bit by pointing out that Texas was one of only seven states (and the District of Columbia) that didn't allow OC. Poller's bias, I guess; but it is interesting that in the 17 votes tallied so far, 11 are in favor of it where 8 are opposed. That's almost the complete opposite of the results on here of who think such a bill would pass...

Cheers! M2

By posting that "7 states" stuff you made it untrue and misleading.

I had high hopes for that being interesting.

Top Bottom