• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evoedgar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Plano, TX
    Hello hello everyone!

Newbie to the forum here and guns in general really. It’s always been something I’ve had an interest for, but financially could not afford due to my car hobbies as well. But as fate would have it, landed a great job and 9 months later here I am in TX! Hoping to learn as much as I can before making any purchases. Already signed up for some gun 101 courses as well. Look forward to chatting and learning from you all!

If anyone else from the DFW area would like to meet up and chat and offer any advice on not just guns, but the area that would be great too! Thanks.
    Capitol Armory ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Hello hello everyone!

Newbie to the forum here and guns in general really. It’s always been something I’ve had an interest for, but financially could not afford due to my car hobbies as well. But as fate would have it, landed a great job and 9 months later here I am in TX! Hoping to learn as much as I can before making any purchases. Already signed up for some gun 101 courses as well. Look forward to chatting and learning from you all!

If anyone else from the DFW area would like to meet up and chat and offer any advice on not just guns, but the area that would be great too! Thanks.
    Good advice to yourself. Many here are usually very happy to help out someone new to firearms (may even let you shoot some of their own). My advice would be to shoot many and pick one that works best for you, and also research the pros and cons of what you like. Before COVID TGT has had reunions on a regular basis, and hopefully soon it will get back to a normal basis again. We certainly like to invite all those interested to attend.

BTW..... Welcome!

Evoedgar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Plano, TX
    Good advice to yourself. Many here are usually very happy to help out someone new to firearms (may even let you shoot some of their own). My advice would be to shoot many and pick one that works best for you, and also research the pros and cons of what you like. Before COVID TGT has had reunions on a regular basis, and hopefully soon it will get back to a normal basis again. We certainly like to invite all those interested to attend.

BTW..... Welcome!
    Thank you! I definitely try and do my due diligence as best as possible and not make any emotional decisions so research is definitely important. As well as actually trying them and what “feels” right. Definitely looking forward to any future meet ups

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Howdy and welcome to TGT.

If you ask a question, you'll some great answers and some not so great.
    If you see a question and have an answer, feel free to post it.

Just be aware that there is a lot of bull shitting going on in here also and most of it is in jest and not taking seriously.

Enjoy, have fun and learn. Just like the rest of us.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Welcome and I hope you closed the gate behind you as we dont need libtard trash from chi town drifting in following behind you.

That kinda trash is worse than gum in a parking lot in july. It sticks and strings and contaminates or ruins anything it touches.

Did I say welcome?

Oh, what part of DFW? It's about 10 thousand square miles give or take depending on where you start measuring at. Crap, sometimes it easier to get a hotel, if you have to go from one end to the other, than driving in traffic both ways in a day.

I may be being a tad bit satirical there but you get the idea.

Last edited:

Evoedgar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Plano, TX
    Welcome and I hope you closed the gate behind you as we dont need libtard trash from chi town drifting in following behind you.

That kinda trash is worse than gum in a parking lot in july. It sticks and strings and contaminates or ruins anything it touches.

Did I say welcome?

Oh, what part of DFW? It's about 10 thousand square miles give or take depending on where you start measuring at. Crap, sometimes it easier to get a hotel, if you have to go from one end to the other, than driving in traffic both ways in a day.

I may be being a tad bit satirical there but you get the idea.

Hahaha I completely understand, there’s a reason I chose TX for my relo! But, I guess you make a good point on the size of DFW, I’m in Plano, closer to Frisco though.

Evoedgar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Plano, TX
    Howdy and welcome to TGT.

If you ask a question, you'll some great answers and some not so great.
    If you see a question and have an answer, feel free to post it.

Just be aware that there is a lot of bull shitting going on in here also and most of it is in jest and not taking seriously.

Enjoy, have fun and learn. Just like the rest of us.
    Yeah the car forums are no different so I think I may know what to expect haha. Appreciate it, and look forward to learning as much as I can!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Welcome. I got my first drivers license in IL. If you ever make it up to Wichita Falls and want to shoot I have everything and my own range. Just contact me.
    Recommend you consider getting your license to carry and join the club.

Top Bottom