• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    SATX, his parents retain attorneys on his behalf and his name was never not publicized from what I remember.

Maybe I should regard any further comments from you as being irrelevant.

Axxe55,

FYI, CNN repeatedly "named the minor child", who was then only 16yo. = That "naming" is the PRIMARY reason that the network HAD to settle the case.
    (Had CNN not made the teenager's NAME, AGE, FACE & "place of residence" public REPEATEDLY "on air" the YM"s parents likely would not have gotten a settlement in the civil suit & in the likely additional/similar civil cases to come, against a whole group of Tv/radio/print outlets.)

CNN therefore, after all that group of identifying details were revealed, COULD NOT deny that they did know that he was a MINOR CHILD.

yours, satx
    Texas SOT

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Axxe55,

FYI, CNN repeatedly "named the minor child", who was then only 16yo. = That "naming" is the PRIMARY reason that the network HAD to settle the case.
    (Had CNN not made the teenager's NAME, AGE, FACE & "place of residence" public REPEATEDLY "on air" the YM"s parents likely would not have gotten a settlement in the civil suit & in the likely additional/similar civil cases to come, against a whole group of Tv/radio/print outlets.)

CNN therefore, after all that group of identifying details were revealed, COULD NOT deny that they did know that he was a MINOR CHILD.

yours, satx

Did you even bother to read the sources I linked in that post? Doesn't say one thing about him being a minor. They were sued over defamation of character. Where is age a factor in "vicious" and "direct attacks" against him?

Sandmann's lawyers filed a second lawsuit on his behalf against CNN on March 12, 2019, seeking US$275 million in damages,[110] for allegedly "vicious" and "direct attacks" towards Sandmann. On January 7, 2020, CNN settled the lawsuit with Nick Sandmann. The amount of the settlement has not been made public

Maybe you should read the actual cases before posting replies from now on sir.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Sandmann got $250M from what I read.
    The media lies nonstop, too many instances to even go searching for examples. One recent string of lies was from CNN and MSNBC stating that Amy Coney Barrett was confirmed in “record time” which is 100% false. Lincoln nominated justices and had them confirmed the same day, some others in four days and more recent confirmations were well behind her confirmation period.
    Back to arsonists...there were lots of those wildfires started by people using bringing firefighters water and snacks as they proceeded to light fires along the side of the roads.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Did you even bother to read the sources I linked in that post? Doesn't say one thing about him being a minor. They were sued over defamation of character. Where is age a factor in "vicious" and "direct attacks" against him?

Sandmann's lawyers filed a second lawsuit on his behalf against CNN on March 12, 2019, seeking US$275 million in damages,[110] for allegedly "vicious" and "direct attacks" towards Sandmann. On January 7, 2020, CNN settled the lawsuit with Nick Sandmann. The amount of the settlement has not been made public

Maybe you should read the actual cases before posting replies from now on sir.

Axxe55,

I don't have to read what you posted to KNOW that you know NOTHING OF IMPORT about civil cases & civil procedure.
    (I'm not an attorney but for several years, i was "PAUL DRAKE" for a law firm in VA & learned a considerable amount about civil procedure "by osmosis".)

Perhaps you should get out of the hole that you are deep within & stop shoveling.

LOL, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Axxe55,

I don't have to read what you posted to KNOW that you know NOTHING OF IMPORT about civil cases & civil procedure.
    (I'm not an attorney but for several years, i was "PAUL DRAKE" for a law firm in VA & learned a considerable amount about civil procedure "by osmosis".)

Perhaps you should get out of the hole that you are deep within & stop shoveling.

LOL, satx

Well, just being curious, if you are so well versed in legal aspects and such and learned so much by "osmosis" how come no law degree, and have your own practice?

Oh BTW, one of my brothers is a lawyer, I also have an older cousin that she has her own law practice and is also a judge, as well as an uncle that use to be a circuit judge, but even give that, I don't try to profess that I have any legal skills such as yourself.

Have a nice day sir.

tired of sht

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2015
    west of weird
    Well, just being curious, if you are so well versed in legal aspects and such and learned so much by "osmosis" how come no law degree, and have your own practice?

Oh BTW, one of my brothers is a lawyer, I also have an older cousin that she has her own law practice and is also a judge, as well as an uncle that use to be a circuit judge, but even give that, I don't try to profess that I have any legal skills such as yourself.

Have a nice day sir.
    So you slept at a Holiday Express

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Have a nice day sir.

Axxe55,

Well since you asked, after my much loved Vickie Kay died of AML, I found myself with virtually nothing left of what had been a reasonably comfortable lifestyle AND about 626,000.oo USD, that I couldn't pay.
    (In retrospect, i was also likely suffering from a severe case of clinical depression. = I fell apart for about the next 2 years,, after asking for & receiving "compassionate leave" for an extended but indefinite period.)

Before Vickie got sick, I had seriously planned to leave Army ad & to read law in a school chum's office in VA.
    (VA law states that a person may ONLY "read" FULLTIME & may NOT work for wages while a "reader". = Until Vickie got ill, she wanted me to read with Ralph & to have a law office of my own "someday:". - She was still modeling wedding attire then & said that she could easily increase her modeling "shoots", if we needed extra bucks.)

To keep from completely losing my mind, I took the Senior Investigator's position (i had 2 Junior Investigators, 22 & 24yo & both recent college grads = GREAT guys.) with a large law firm & worked over sixty hours a week until i got my head above water. -That's why I never went to law school.
    (After I got out of the deep hole that her passing had left me in, one of my Army buddies called me from The Pentagon & told me to, "Get your @ss back to work. 'Play time' is over with."
    (The next Monday, I received deployment orders to HQUSASOUTHCOM. & 8 days later left the USA for my new assignment.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    If one is supposed to use a suppressor when one shoots a mime does that mean one is supposed to use tracers to shoot arsonists?

Asking for academic purposes only.

Aus Schwaben,

A military FLAME THROWER and/or H555 is more appropriate, imVho, for PUNISHING arsonists. = ImVho, NOTHING you might do to arsonists is TOO MUCH as arsonists (IMO) are the MOST VICIOUS CRIMINALS on Planet Earth & possibly worse than "spree killers",

ADDENDA: Let me tell you about just one case of a soulless/irretrievably EVIL person, who caused the needless deaths of INNOCENTS: When I was stationed HQUSAMTMC in CA, a "unbalanced"/angry former & "alleged" employee of a large auto paint & body shop set fire to the building, after chaining the doors shut.
    (EIGHT people, only 2 of whom even knew the arsonist, plus shop's owner/the owner's wife died in the fire. = The illegal alien, who set the fire, fled the USA & has never been apprehended, as he likely went back to his native Somalia.)

Note: I don't think that anyone on this forum will be SURPRIZED to learn that NONE of the local TV/RADIO or other media "outlets" in Southern CA pointed out that the CRIMINAL was an ILLEGAL ALIEN, who had BEEN TWICE DEPORTED from the USA.
    (It is NOT in the DIMocRATS Party's best interest for the average Joe & Jane to KNOW that we are "coddling", rather than EXPELLING the VIOLENT ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIMINALS from our Republic FOREVER, with SEVERE penalties at law for unlawfully returning to the USA.)
    IF I had my way, once an ILLEGAL ALIEN is deported "for cause", IF they return to our country, they should be imprisoned AT HARD LABOR for a minimum of 10 YEARS & then be PERMANENTLY excluded.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Sandmann got $250M from what I read.
    The media lies nonstop, too many instances to even go searching for examples. One recent string of lies was from CNN and MSNBC stating that Amy Coney Barrett was confirmed in “record time” which is 100% false. Lincoln nominated justices and had them confirmed the same day, some others in four days and more recent confirmations were well behind her confirmation period.
    Back to arsonists...there were lots of those wildfires started by people using bringing firefighters water and snacks as they proceeded to light fires along the side of the roads.

MacZC7,

I wonder where you found a 250 Million figure since everyone involved in the 2 "Sandman" cases signed a NDA??

IF I was guessing, I would guess a settlement in the HIGH-7 figures area but not likely more than that..

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I guess I just have wasted my life away, and can't even compare to that in any way.

I probably should have listened to my father and went to law school!

Axxe55,

I have no opinion as to whether you (or anyone else) should have gone to law school or to have "read law".
    BUT
    It is my sincere belief that a HONEST/DECENT/TALENTED/well-meaning attorney (like new Justice Amy Coney Barrett or the late/lamented Justice Anton Scalia) can do MUCH that is GOOD/WORTHWHILE for our Republic, if he/she chooses to.

OTOH, a smart/ruthless, attorney, who is SELF-serving, absent HONESTY/DECENCY/HONOR , MEAN-spirited & "generally up to no good", can DAMAGE our nation severely. like few other criminals.
    (IMO, former/utterly corrupt POTUS Bill Clinton & the HATEFUL former POTUS Barack Hussein Obama are attorneys of that unfortunate kind.)

just my opinion, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom