• ...and so much more!
  • Hill Billy

USN 1974 -1977
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2018
    Colorado
    And when I was around 10 to 12 years old, my brother and my cousins would walk the neighborhood playing army. This was during the time when COMBAT was a popular show on television. We even got the replica guns from Sears, or where ever our parents bought them. I had the Thompson, and my brother and cousins had the M1. We had the best times of our youth. FAST FORWARD to present time, and can anyone in here say that they see kids playing army? I don't. And, when we were "patrolling the neighborhood" looking for Krauts, nobody freaked out and called the cops. Imagine if kids did that in today's society. You know what? Growing old isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I have wonderful memories. Unfortunately, the kids of
    today will grow up not knowing how to have conversation if their phone is broken. And remember in the neighbor hoods there were those mom and pop little grocery stores? My mom would send me down to the store and get her a pack of Salems for 20 Cents. We got the nickle and bought 5 cents of bubble gum. Tty that today, and watch your mom go to jail for child abuse.
    Venture Surplus ad

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Sunday mornings, my grandfather sent me to the bar half a mile from the house to get his 1.5 liter beer stein filled. Obviously you had to sip some of it off so it wouldn't splash out on the way back. I think I was about 7 to 9 years old at the time.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    If you kids don't pipe down and let me nap, I'll tell about when Nathaniel Boone, first male born in Kansas and son of Daniel Boone, as kids played cowboys and indians with real indians for real. Damn Pawnee.

servis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Denton County
    I remember playing "army". The whole neighbor was our playground. Fences meant nothing if there wasn't a mean dog behind them. Everybody knew everybody and who their Mama was. Home by dark or when I heard Dad whistle.
    I would walk a block and a half with a quarter in my pocket and a gallon gas can. I got a gallon of gas and 6 pieces of penny candy. I was about 7.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I was fairly proficient with a BB gun. I'd sit on the bank of a stock pond. I'd shoot Dragon flies. Little blue ones not the big green ones. The green dragon flies were like bombers. Fast as big. Not an easy running shot.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom