• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Was sitting in my chair while the kids played a board game.

Dog started raising hell. She had spotted a scorpion going under the board game box. Scorpion got squashed. Dog got a treat and then hopped up in the chair with me and resumed her duties. Dogs have purpose, even a young mutt.

a4364e5e352b06ee9057d468ac3252cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Had a dog. Went to work. Got home. Crap and piss on the carpet. Shoes and furniture gnawed to hell. They have a purpose alright. ..to test your patience.LOL.

Molly had 9 babies a couple of days ago. George and Alice have about 6. Think there are about 4 of the tan and white ones left, and they are perfect size to feed to my snake if she'll eat. I caught a mouse in a trap and fed her one rat last night. Caught another mouse this morning, but she hasn't ate it.

Mike and Molly have almost destroyed their cage. They had a hole big enough for Molly to escape from. I took tape and rolled it over a pill bottle cap, covered it with crushed red pepper flakes, and taped it over the hole.

Anyway, what purpose do those big snakes serve? They provide a lot of income for the industries that provide food, cages and supplies for them, which they convert into food for their children or spend on items that provide income for people to feed their children.

Those that breed them, can take some of that money to feed their children. Big snakes are not cheap. Some smaller ones aren't either. I'd say that's purpose enough.

At least they're not roaming the neighborhood and getting into my garbage. Dogs and cats are problem pets. Snakes in a house are not.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    We had an African Grey for almost 30 years.
    Had somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 word vocabulary
    They definitely become attached to certain individuals, others not so much, lol.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Wasn't pet owner releases. Some kind of facility, that got hit by a hurricane, and caused a big enough release at once to start a breeding population.

Yeah, well, glad to hear YOU are perfect. The rest of us will deal with our mistakes in the way we see best.

Most pets are just things you feed and play with.

What does your dog "doo".
    According to the article below, pet owners releasing snakes into the swamps was the problem

https://m.dw.com/en/the-burmese-python-and-the-fight-for-the-florida-everglades/a-44599606

Perfect? I’m far from that...ask my wife....

And my dog? He eats, craps and occasionally chews up a sock. But he also has a pretty mean sounding bark when anyone comes around, and he’s good at letting me know when folks are around before I know myself. I doubt he’d bite someone for me...but I believe he’d protect my daughters and wife for sure. But he’s not really a guardian... he’s a lover...

67172b87d3c5d5aa0d6c9808fac84d61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Why are we even debating this? Dogs rule. Dog spelled backward is God. I don't believe that was by accident. I think it was God's sense of humor, a reminder to us. Dogs are the only thing on earth that love you more than they love themselves. I have the bestest dog ever btw. Never come home to a mess, she never leaves yard despite open gate. She goes camping with us. She goes for a walk off leash every night. Oh, she is 50lbs of love and a pittie mix.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Hmmmm....I wouldn't want to come near him. Getting licked to death is a horrible way to die.

I usually don't argue a point unless I am extremely confident on my knowledge. Continued arguing on my point just means you are wrong, and I want evidence to prove me wrong, ( other than flapping gums.)

None of this^^^^ is directed directly at you. Turns out, even the guys smarter than you and me can't agree on the actual cause of the Florida invasion. Curiously, though a python or two was found before Andrew, the evidence of a reproducing population and problem only came years after. I'll call it a draw, I don't have the tech skills to post links, but even if I did, in this case, it's just to close to call. So, either one of us could be right.

But what is not right..... degrading responsible ownership of a pet just because it doesn't agree with you.

WTF? It's guns that cause all the problems. What good are guns anyway?

See, it's not OK to demean people who's hobby doesn't perfectly align with yours. I've had way more dogs and cats than I have snakes, so I only said that to try to get snake haters to try and get an idea of what it felt like to have your pet of choice dissed.

Personally, I think anyone who wants to piss on another man's choice of pets without ever owning one, ought to be deported back to California.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Anyway, Molly defeated my attempts at temporary fixes to Mike's and her's cage. Maybe she likes spicy food? Sammy used to eat spicy stuff, then do an imitation of a dog that had eaten peanut butter. Sooooo, last night, Molly is out. I see her go back to the cage to nurse her babies. I see her gathering up bedding and putting it in the cage. ( See, she dumped it all out prior to dropping a litter.)

So, I'm thinking , cool , let Mike and Molly run loose and I'll fix it in the morning.

WRONG!!!! I wake up, the cage is EMPTY! Didn't see that coming. So, M&M have set up a getaway Condo somewhere. Now, catching and returning M&M back to the cage is no problem . Heck, they have both visited me today.

The problem is, those babies will die without mama, and make a stink, soooo, I am kinda being held hostage. I CAN put Mike in a different cage, but it's kinda like, what's the point?

I gotta find the babies.

EDIT; Just looked up, Mike is napping in the cage.

Top Bottom