Hurley's Gold

I'm looking for good reasons to own a 1911, what are they?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    They just rock!

YCjJbMI.jpg
    Guns International

Attachments

• YCjJbMI.jpg
      YCjJbMI.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 525

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    #1 reason to own a 1911.
    Because your life might depend on one someday. Wether it's yours or not.

I resisted the black rifle wave for a long time.
    One day, I decided I'd best know how to operate one. How to clean one. How to troubleshoot and repair one.

Same goes for most any modern arms.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    #1 reason to own a 1911.
    Because your life might depend on one someday. Wether it's yours or not.

I resisted the black rifle wave for a long time.
    One day, I decided I'd best know how to operate one. How to clean one. How to troubleshoot and repair one.

Same goes for most any modern arms.
    So do you now own one, two or twelve (black rifles)?

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

t-astragal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    As for the spring thing, I’ve learned to hold back the slide against spring pressure, push out the slides stop pin then remove it all at once. Then extend the barrel twist the bushing while barrel is way out of battery. A really well fit bushing will get sloppy by twisting it in the locked up position. An average factory fit won’t matter, it’s too loose already. This method keeps springs from flying and preserves the fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Guaranteed delivery Tuesday, it says. I'm almost always having that spring fly out, I expect it and prepare for it, but it's still a pain.

Years ago, I was at a little leather shop in Midland bs'ng with the owner and another guy, and we got to talking about carry pieces and 1911s. For some reason I don't remember, the other guy ended up field stripping his 1911. While doing so, he ended up losing the spring, the plunger, and the bushing. We were there for well over an hour looking everywhere in that shop for those parts. The final part missing was the spring, it ended up in the purse of the owner, half in-half out of an open pack of smokes.

First thought that comes to mind is always, "You'll put your eye with that, kid."

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Years ago, I was at a little leather shop in Midland bs'ng with the owner and another guy, and we got to talking about carry pieces and 1911s. For some reason I don't remember, the other guy ended up field stripping his 1911. While doing so, he ended up losing the spring, the plunger, and the bushing. We were there for well over an hour looking everywhere in that shop for those parts. The final part missing was the spring, it ended up in the purse of the owner, half in-half out of an open pack of smokes.

First thought that comes to mind is always, "You'll put your eye with that, kid."

Amateur hour

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Glock guys mostly, never get it. Yes a 1911 takes more maintenance and care. But I think they are worth the trade off in ergonomics, accuracy and history : ) And I don't think a 1911 is all that hard to maintain. It is a combat pistol after all. It has been for over 100 years : )

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Glock guys mostly, never get it. Yes a 1911 takes more maintenance and care. But I think they are worth the trade off in ergonomics, accuracy and history : ) And I don't think a 1911 is all that hard to maintain. It is a combat pistol after all. It has been for over 100 years : )
    More care? Don't think so.

Top Bottom