Hurley's Gold

I'm old enough to remember the Luby shootings.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Although I was in Colorado at the time, it made national news. My question is: Anyone in here from Texas that was old enough to remember that horrible day?
    My wife and I moved to Houston in 1990 and we both most definitely remember the 1991 Luby's shootings. I was 32 and in my last year of law school. It was one of the tectonic shifts that would finally see Texans win the right to have concealed handgun licenses. I refuse to write or speak the name of perpetrators of mass murders. They do not deserve recognition, mention, or notoriety.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Didn't you eat there last Sunday? They have lots of food that is easy to chew! Just funnin'!

Might have....hopefully, I remembered to wear pants. Ahhh, Luby's, the old folks school lunch line....

I actually like eating at all you can eat buffet restaurants. I can always find something I can eat, and it is ridiculously cheap, even for a guy like me, that can't put it away like I used to.

To start off: a plate of sushi, $10 easy elsewhere. Then a myriad of different stuff, $15 at any sit down place. Finally , peach cobbler topped with ice cream. $3.50 prolly elsewhere. All this for like $7.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I was twenty one. Probably too busy being a ditzy girl to notice much about this. I barely remember this and Waco too. I wasn’t very street smart then, or very aware. :(

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Patriots? Those folks were a bit off. If they had Kool-aid, the government wouldn't have had to bother.

They committed mass suicide. The only thing missing was the purple jumpsuits. Suicide by cop .

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    My apologies. I've been drinking and confused Waco with Ruby Ridge.
    I have an easily-identifiable geographic location on my property aptly named "Ruby Ridge" and another named "the Grassy Knoll". No body of water named the "Davidian Branch" (yet).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I was only 11, but I remember it. If anyone hasn't seen Dr Susan Hupps testimony to Congress, I highly recommend you watch it. It's such a powerful speach on why we should have the right to carry, and she talks about being helpless while watching her parents get murdered.

Yep, the most heartbreaking aspect of her testimony is the fact she had to leave her firearm in her truck before entering the restaurant! One armed citizen could have saved a lot of lives that day! Thank God some good came from that horrible situation, but we still have a long way to go in ensuring that law-abiding citizens have the means and capability to protect themselves, their loved ones and others from such heinous individuals to the best of their ability!

Oh, and I was 28 living just south of Baltimore at the time. I don't recall hearing about the shooting, but I am sure it was on the news. Unfortunately, given where I was living, local shootings were much more newsworthy at the time...

rexster314

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Was a senior in college and beertender at East Gate lounge in College Station, Texas when Charles Whitman climbed to the top of the University of Texas Tower, so yes.

I was working at my Dad's Exxon/Enco/Humble station on Hwy 6 that day. Friend came in and said "there's a guy on top of the UT tower killing people"

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Remember it well since I was in my late 20's at the time. What sticks more in my memory was Delta flight 191 crashing in 1985 since I lived closer to that event.

Top Bottom