Importing america to its own death

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by oldguy, Oct 19, 2009.

  1. oldguy

    oldguy Well-Known

    1,787
    0
    36
    Mar 6, 2008
  2. MadMo44Mag

    MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

    3,054
    0
    36
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Yep - can't argue!
     
  3. DCortez

    DCortez TGT Addict

    6,612
    0
    36
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    If I've said it once, I've said it a million times:

    The greatest flaw of our founding fathers: not placing a 12 year term limit on every position in Congress.
     
  4. oldguy

    oldguy Well-Known

    1,787
    0
    36
    Mar 6, 2008
    While i do not agree with everything Pat Buchanan says his book Death of the West written sometime around 2002 for sure has it correct.
     
  5. DCortez

    DCortez TGT Addict

    6,612
    0
    36
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

    Pat is one of my favorite pundits, I agree with him 95% of the time. I won't mention why the other 5% is disagreeable.
     
  6. TexasR.N.

    TexasR.N. Active Member

    655
    0
    36
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    I try my best to buy American as often as possible. I don't mind paying a little more hoping it will help one of my fellow Americans keep their job.

    Craig
     
  7. res1b3uq

    res1b3uq Active Member

    336
    0
    16
    Feb 14, 2009
    Years ago,"the experts" bragged that the U.S.A. was becoming a "service" based economy. What did not compute to them was that a "service" adds cost, but no value. If you have a piece of steel, say 8" long, and you place it in a mill, and grind out a 1911 slide, you have added value to that piece of steel. If you pay an advertising company to advertise the slide, you have added cost, but no value. If you get a great idea, and send that idea to China or Tiawan----------
     
  8. MadMo44Mag

    MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

    3,054
    0
    36
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Our decline stated long ago and IMO the main reason we have gone from a manufacturing country to a service oriented country is labor cost.
    These cost in manufacturing where primarily caused by labor unions IMO.
    The reason these jobs went over seas is why??
    Labor cost!!!!
     
  9. Texas1911

    Texas1911 TGT Addict

    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Exactly.
     

Share This Page