• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Does anyone know how to get ahold of Independence Ammo? I opened a box of their 9mm found one round (on right) that looks like the top half of the bullets was sheared to the side, and 2 rounds that were seated too deeply. (as seen in the picture) The round on the right is a normal 9mm round. Also about half of the rounds in this box have dents in the bullets and jackets (you can see some of the small dents in the rounds pictured others are about 1/16" deep).

attachment
    Hurley's Gold

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Turns out it is made by ATK,inc which also owns Federal ammo along with a large host of other companies.

Home | ATK

I just shot them off an email since the phones go straight to voicemail, lets see if they get back to me.

n2pistols

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Hurst, Texas
    Does anyone know how to get ahold of Independence Ammo? I opened a box of their 9mm found one round (on right) that looks like the top half of the bullets was sheared to the side, and 2 rounds that were seated too deeply. (as seen in the picture) The round on the right is a normal 9mm round. Also about half of the rounds in this box have dents in the bullets and jackets (you can see some of the small dents in the rounds pictured others are about 1/16" deep).

About a year ago I tried a box of Independence Ammo and had 4 misfires out of the first 10 rounds I fired.. I tried to contact them about it at that time and could not. I really did not tried too hard tho, but never got another box of their ammo.

Good luck.

attachment
    QUOTE]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I had 550rds of the stuff included in a handgun deal. 9mm. There wasn't any problems in that lot. Now, they were rather dirty. But functioned just fine. This was with a 21# recoil spring, In a Ruger P90. Not one round failed. Nor did any have, factory damage.

Just cheap 9mm. Not very good on spread either.At 25yards, a 4" shot group, was tough to get. Never got to 3". More like stayed at 4 to 6" groups. And at 8yards, it still sucked. U could cut a hole. But it looked like you used a shotgun. Flyers all the time.

Last edited:

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Email response from them.
    James, I’ve checked the LOT# and have had no other reported problems with this LOT#. The ammunition has been on the street with ~142,000 since 2010. Ship me back the ammunition and I’ll replace the ammunition, plus extra to cover shipping. Follow the instructions in the attachment to ship me back the ammunition.

Justin M.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Email response from them.
    James, I’ve checked the LOT# and have had no other reported problems with this LOT#. The ammunition has been on the street with ~142,000 since 2010. Ship me back the ammunition and I’ll replace the ammunition, plus extra to cover shipping. Follow the instructions in the attachment to ship me back the ammunition.

Justin M.

Good deal. Its nice to see their making sure your happy with the ammo. Can't beat that

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Sorry you had problems but good to see they are gonna make it right, keep us posted with how it fully plays out. I've never shot their handgun ammo but have shot a lot of their 5.56 with no problems.

Top Bottom