• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dadoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    new guns

I have owned both a Taurus (PT145) and a Kahr (CW-9) and while both were OK guns, I really didn't like the DA triggers. I couldn't hit the side of a barn FROM THE INSIDE with either one of them, thought I was a rotten shot. Then I got my first 1911. I got a Rock Island compact model and loved it. I suddenly became a much better shot
    Decent price, great gun, LIFETIME warranty
    I now have another in a full sized tactical model and they're great.

Here's the Compact:
    IMG_0899.gif
    Target Sports

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    OK, I'll play. I own or have owned most of those mentioned.

P32 Keltec - gotta have it
    P3aT OR rUGER lcp 2ND FAVORITE CARRY GUN
    P11 - too big to carry, but a good backup or winter coat gun
    All the above have a trigger just like a staple gun
    Bersa 380 - I did not like the SA trigger, otherwise best bang for the buck, if a little big for a .380
    Kahr is too expensive.
    My ultimate daily choice is a Sig P238. It's not cheap, about same as the kahr.
    Don't discount a Llama .380 if you can find a late production LNIB in the plastic box, no slide rib. 1911 mechanicals at half the price of P238

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Ive had the cobra and the hipoint. The cobra was a POS it was like the Raven and the hipoint i had no problems with other than it being bulky and heavy made for a good trunk or boat gun though.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    I have a Bersa thunder 380. At least 500 rds run through it without one single malfunction. I carry it from time to time when not carrying my G23.
    Another small auto I carry is a Beretta Tomcat. I know there have been issues with them in the past. Mine has been great.

For the money the Bersa is a good buy. There are several good reviews on the web regarding the Thunder .380.

Navarone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Dallas
    A agree with the Kel-Tec P11 and Taurus 709. Especially for value oriented carry guns. Bersa .380 can be had for around 250 bucks or less. Fixed barrel makes for good accuracy also.

I say pick up one of the three and stash some money aside for a Ruger SP-101.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Keltec P32 w/10 round extended grip works well without a holster. With a Crimson Trace it is pretty tough to deny that it is an easy to carry, easy to shoot and CHL friendly. I have not put enough rounds through it determine reliability, but the extended mag really makes it easy to hold, and shoot. Everyone has different needs, but I call the P32 the "Noisy Cricket" (from Men in Black). A well deserved name...

It what 2 out of the 3 people working in the gun store I bought from were packing at work.

Fleetman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For the money it's hard to beat a Keltec....I own and carry, at different times, a PF-9, P11, and P3AT. Other than the P3AT, I have NEVER had a malfunction with either of the 9's. I have probably close to 1k rounds through each. The P3AT on the other hand has IMO a very sensitive trigger reset and I have experienced several failures to fire simply because the trigger has not reset.

Two other favorite carry guns are a Ruger LCP with CT and a Kimber UCII with CT. The Kimber is not experienced enough yet to be a primary carry gun but I'm working on it.

The main thing to consider for carry is weight and comfort...forget about the cheap holsters and spend the money for quality and, ultimately, comfort. Big, awesome, hand cannons are tempting but carrying one for a few hours can be very uncomfortable.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom