• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    A few days ago, I slithered into the cheap matinee to see Tom Hanks in the movie "Inferno." It was pretty good but there were some great aspects of the movie and some not so hot points, too.

Hanks is a professor who specializes in the Dante's Inferno period and is an expert in culture and Geography of the old World. He stumbles into a very violent exchange and wakes up in a hospital. He's still knocked silly from his injuries when he awakens to find some very bad people are trying to kill him!

He takes off with his beautiful nurse but finds the bad guys are hot on his trail. This begins a long, eventful and deadly series of violent encounters as they try to uncover the mysteries of what has happened and why.

The scenery is beautiful in this flick and we get to visit Florence, Venice and Istanbul as they chase around gathering clues.

I am a plot hound and can catch up with the most convoluted plots in short order. Not so with this movie! Normally, as the plot develops and clues accumulate, the story comes together.

I'm going to divulge a major part of the flick. It's something that I normally wouldn't do but Director Ron Howard twisted this story until it croaked and the viewer deserves a break! Do not read on if that will spoil the movie for you.
    Here it is:

As the story develops, many things happen to the Professor and to people around him. Many of these things are false, illusions and designed to throw you (and Hanks) off the track. Don't believe or accept anything that happens because many of the events are designed by experts to mislead. Later in the flick, they tell you the truth. GGGRRRRRR! I did NOT like that aspect of the flick!

You go through 3/4 of the flick forming the story in your head and suddenly they say: "That was all a lie. Now, here's the truth!" BOO!

Scenery was gorgeous! Language was moderate, there were many VERY tense and suspenseful parts, no sex and plenty of gory violence.

I gave the flick a B+. It's pretty good except for the items cited above.

Flash
    Hurley's Gold

Top Bottom