• ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    When people buy here, they’re buying peace of mind from law enforcement.”

That can work both for and against the residents of the area ;)

Honestly, this place sounds like the colonias they have down near the border, with a few upgrades. It looks like the state may have started putting restrictions on them, however that was limited to the border area. Looks like the asshole developer, William “Trey” Harris is seizing on an opportunity to do the same up North where the restrictions don't apply.

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/divisions/colonias-prevention

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    It's not 400 miles in, as stated. It's only 40 miles in.
    And too damn close to our place; 70 crow-fly miles.
    I bet you Woodlands & Spring folks are just tickled silly.

Edit: Oops re 400 miles. I was thinkin coast - not border.

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Honestly, this place sounds like the colonias they have down near the border, with a few upgrades. It looks like the state may have started putting restrictions on them, however that was limited to the border area. Looks like the asshole developer, William “Trey” Harris is seizing on an opportunity to do the same up North where the restrictions don't apply.

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/divisions/colonias-prevention

It's not that far North. :-/

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    To become a legal you have to study and pass a test on our government and history. As these illegals keep pouring in by to thousands and we see these cities being funded by cartels and third world powers it is clear why this is allowed to continue.
    destroy.jpg
    Destroy US.jpeg

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    This is nothing new, it’s been in existence for about a decade now. A coworker who lived near there told me all about the developer bribing and paying off officials years ago.
    It has just recently gained notoriety due to its rapid expansion.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It's not 400 miles in, as stated. It's only 40 miles in.
    And too damn close to our place; 70 crow-fly miles.
    I bet you Woodlands & Spring folks are just tickled silly.

Edit: Oops re 400 miles. I was thinkin coast - not border.

Just saw this.

Plum Grove, Texas is 33 miles from my house.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    That's less than 20 miles from me. To be honest it won't change the landscape much. That area has probably been primarily Mexican folks since before it was even Texas. Probably a pretty solid mix of folks originating from several Spanish speaking countries by now.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not totally against it. If there's skin in the game people tend to take care of things more. If they're selling lots and building homes, and owners are working legitimate jobs to fund them, well that's what we need. The fact our immigration system is so arduous is a whole other problem to tackle. My opinion, as if anyone needs it, is we should make it easier for people who want to live and breathe as Americans to become citizens, and simultaneously take away the incentives to live off the books. Pretty hard to hide as a homeowner on the tax roll, so the problem isn't so much the development as it is the willingness to ignore the problem of immigration.

Law enforcement is obviously going to be required. One of the problems with certain areas is they tend to become a little feral if left alone and ignored. That's precisely the problem with the projects in Chicago, it's become more or less a hole nobody goes into. Some take advantage of that, and the people trying to do it right end up suffering. Montgomery County does a pretty solid job of keeping things under wraps, and setting the bar pretty high on the lawful conduct scale. Hopefully Liberty can do the same.

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    My father-in-law trained racehorses for 40 years now my son trains racehorses. The drug cartel has taken over horse racing. They will pay any amount for a horse and do anything to win a race. They dope horses, pay off jockeys and owners anything to win as a way to launder money.
    They bet more money between themselves than at the track. They are even in the stands betting thousands among themselves.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Things are going to plan for the commies. Get enough illegals to overwhelm the system, get them on the voting roles and you've got a blue city/county/state. Just look at California. It was a red state until the last few decades. Then the Mexicans got control of large cities and counties. After that, it was just a matter of numbers. The illegals have more rights and can get more freebies than US citizens. They are like a fungus, they just keep spreading and they don't care how long it takes.

If you think I'm kidding, I lived there until 2018 when I retired and got the F out.

Top Bottom