• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    So....local auction house had an auction today that included an old Colt SAA that once belonged to Charles Goodnight (some of whose adventures were part of the storyline behind "Lonesome Dove". He was a relative of the wife's, so needless to say she was eager to go and at least see it, and possibly bid on it. Well - seein' it was easy enough, but watchin' it blow past the $10k I was willin' to go to certainly got our attention (estimated value was put at 14-16k, but ya never know). It didn't stop until it hit $28k....AND there was a 15% buyers premium - so the buyer ended up shelling out a tad over $32 THOUSAND bucks for it!

Ta make up for it, we snagged a "Squash Blossom" necklace for her (at a stupid-low price), an' a nice, old-school Rolex watch in white gold for her. Me, ah walked away with a S&W Mdl 10-7.....an' an M1 Carbine that's best called a "shooter" - but that's what ah wanted it for, so it's ALL good!
    DK Firearms

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Nice day at the auction. Always fun when they blow by your max price to sit back and see it go for WAY more than your max price at a good competitive pace.

Amazing there is that kind of coin out there in the market for collector guns.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    booze? No booze fo me

So, for you....just the men, eh?

th_tmi.gif

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Be glad you never "won" one of their auctions - Scott over @ Bullitproof did, and they screwed him over BIG time on the shipping/handling fees. Don't recall the exact charges, but it was WAYYYY stupid high!! Enough so that I will never participate in one of their auctions.

Top Bottom