• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Well...at least interesting to me since the hassle directly affected me.
    I bought a long gun online (GunBroker.com) - it was a new gun being shipped from a rather large dealer (20K sq ft facility) and they've been in business several years; out of MO - so you can see they are an experienced gun dealer. Turns out they're located in a region of the country that apparently has a much more strick BATFE than here in north Texas.
    I don't hold an FFL (but after this experience, I'm seriously thinking about getting one!). But I do deal enough with the Feds to know you can't take advantage (or violate) their rules. Specifically I'm talking about the rule of not "altering" or otherwise marking up your FFL.
    It was only on my fourth try, did I finally get an FFL holder that meet the basic criteria of providing a copy of their license that was acceptable to the MO region BATFE - which in turn, finally allowed the dealer to ship the rifle. Now in all fairness, my main FFL has stopped providing this service, so I went to another listing for Allen area and that guy had moved back east; went to a third FFL (which I had used before) and his license on file with the MO dealer had expired and he couldn't provide a new and unmarked copy of his license. It wasn't until my fourth FFL, that the situation finally resolved - but not until after that FFL had also sent a copy of his license that had the 'premise' address maked out - which wasn't acceptable to the dealer (per their local BATFE). He sent a completely unmarked/un-altered copy to the dealer and guess what? NO PROBLEM - they've shipped now.
    What's the deal with Texas FFLs marking up their licenses when apparently the BATF rules specifically say not to?
    Guns International

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    There is no law preventing you from marking your FFL. In fact, it is encouraged by BATFE.

For example, and FFL does not have a space for Phone or email. I add handwrite both in. Nothing wrong with that.

MO dealer is wrong and being a dick.

Learn the law before you accuse Texas FFLs of violating it.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    If you're near Carrollton or Farmers Branch, use John Self @ JP Ten Sports Home Page

He's a pleasure to work with and only charges $15 (or $10 if you're a CHL holder). I keep his FFL info on my computer and it's not handwritten or marked up in any way.

Top Bottom