• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I misunderstand why the theif was charged with misdemeanor theft when the value of what he stole was valued at $400, shouldn't that have been a felony ?
    Thought anything valued over $50 was a falony...Maybe he's buddy-buddy with somebody ?

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Theft over $50.00 but under $500.00 is a class B misdemeanor, theft over $500.00 but under $1500.00 is a Class A misc. Theft over $1500.00 but under $20,000.00 is a state jail felony. Just for completeness - theft under $50.00 is a class C misc., the same as a traffic ticket.

A couple of things do not make sense to me. This is being reported in January of 2011, but the article states the offense took place in 2001. Don't know if it a typo or what.

If the offense really did take place in 2001 and it is a class B, the statute of limitations expired in 2003, and therefore cannot be prosecuted.

Texas832

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Texas
    I did a bit of checking. You can look it up on the Harris County criminal court website. The offense is still being adjudicated. 2001 must be a typo.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I thought when I saw this that it'd be the guy I know, and it is. I believe this happened in 2011, the 2001 date is a typo.
    I haven't heard first-hand, but I understand there is a lot more to it than what's in the article. Read the comments at the bottom for a little more insight!

Eli

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    i really dont like that UPS and Fed Ex will leave a package for me at my neighbors house if they think it is safer there. I know they do it all the time around here and if that was the practice there and neighbors were always getting each others packages, it could be an honest mix up, but since I have none of the facts I have no clue what happened in this case.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I recently did an FFL transfer, and the A-holes just left the gun sitting on the door step all day. Thankfully, the neighbor was nice and honest, and held the package at their place until the FFL holder made it back, but still it's a messed up situation. Actually, isn't it a violation of some federal law for the sender to have not selected signature required?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    The UPS man left some Transmission gaskets in my gate while I was gone to lunch the other day. My dogs got em and chewed all the stuff up!
    @$#%^$#$^SOB!!!
    Leaving something with my neighbors is always better than anything else.

Texas832

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Texas
    Not sure if anyone can put too much weight on comments at the bottom of a webpage. I guess only time will tell. What is interesting however is that if you check the criminal court site it appears that the case of up for a forfeiture of bond. Looks like he didn't show up. Innocent or guilty, not showing up for a court appearance is never a good idea.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Not sure if anyone can put too much weight on comments at the bottom of a webpage. I guess only time will tell. What is interesting however is that if you check the criminal court site it appears that the case of up for a forfeiture of bond. Looks like he didn't show up. Innocent or guilty, not showing up for a court appearance is never a good idea.
    I know the doc. Not well, but well enough to say hi when we see each other. When I heard this story months ago I was told it was Jack and his ex-wife.
    I'm not sure what the status of all of it is, I haven't seen Jack lately, but that isn't unusual.

Eli

Top Bottom