• ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Hello,
    My name is Jon Payne, I am a Suarez International Staff Instructor and a Texas CHL Instructor from SE TX. I am currently a Reserve Deputy Constable and former Municipal Police Officer. I served a total of 15 years as an USAF Security Policeman with my last active-duty stint served in Combat Arms Training and Maintenance (CATM). I enjoy training as much as I do teaching.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Being new to TX, I have wondered what the heck a Constable was and how are they related to general law enforcement? So welcome, and let me know what a reserve deputy constable is.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Thank you for the welcome. A Constable has the duties of serving civil process, supervising evictions and such as well as being the bailiff for the Justice of the Peace. They are required to be peace officers and in some counties they work traffic as well.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Being new to TX, I have wondered what the heck a Constable was and how are they related to general law enforcement? So welcome, and let me know what a reserve deputy constable is.

Constables are elected officials who serve in precincts within each county. They and their deputies have full Law Enforcement powers, and their jurisdiction is the entire county.

Generally, constables bailiff the JP courts and serve civil and criminal process in their precincts. The can also perfom all other LE duties, and in some areas they conduct traffic patrols, patrol neighborhoods, have SWAT teams, etc. Often they work with tasks forces comprised of several different agencies; local, state and federal.

A reserve deputy is one who is not paid. He must be fully certified and has the same state training requirements as a full time LEO. They typically work a couple of days a month and help with community events.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Thank you for the welcome. A Constable has the duties of serving civil process, supervising evictions and such as well as being the bailiff for the Justice of the Peace. They are required to be peace officers and in some counties they work traffic as well.

Opps, I was typing as you were posting.

Nice to have you on board, welcome. I am looking forward to your input.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Guys, my service wasn't that much. Spent most of my time in during the Cold War. The kids in now make more sacrifices in 10 minutes than I did in 10 years. Who here is near Beaumont TX/Golden Triangle that likes to train and shoot in the IDPA?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for joining us Jon! Eventually at some point I will have to take a Suarez course, or several. ;) Especially some of the force on force stuff looks like tons of fun and great training.

Top Bottom