• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scubastasia

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    You're right, I was assuming that they were speaking of shotguns. Only pictures would show what they really meant.

You don't know me so you probably didn't get my sarcasm... I have my own shotgun and I can shoot shells, slugs, and/or shot out of it just fine.

tsmith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    TX
    That's definitely a sucky situation. The Garland Public Shooting Range is one of the least sucky ranges in the DFW area and it's surprisingly difficult to find other decent places to shoot there. That said, I have also seen some pretty bone-headed behavior there by shooters who think their shiny, new high-caliber rifle makes them special.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    These bullets hit my house!!!
    captsgekwe52140807225824photo04photodefault-512x369.jpg

Hahaha, and about an hour later, they pulled the picture out and replaced it with her holding two bullets that had pliers marks on them! The French AFP printed that story.

Anybody that doesn't know: AFP ran that as part of a story about a raid conducted by US forces, over the caption about how this Iraqi woman's house was hit by these two bullets.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Don't suppose any of you close by could go take a look at those towers and see if you can identify any rifle holes it them? That might add some understanding to this conversation.

Unfortunate when you cannot identify the person responsible for an careless action, you end up with blaming the facility from where it originated.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I did some research on the woman holding the ammo. Turns out she's all over a bunch of other Pallywood photos. She's apparently from Beirut, not Iraq...

What? The media lying to us? Noooooo.....

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    This local Fox-News report is so wrong on so many levels:

"The right to keep and bear arms is almost sacred in Texas. So is the right of a citizen to protect his home. But unfortunately for all of us, the state of Texas set up a legal shootout between those two rights."

Our right to bear arms IS sacred.

How is the State of Texas responsible for a dumb-ass who discharged his weapon in an irresponsible manner?

"That seems patently wrong to me," said Rep. Lon Burnam of Ft. Worth.

State Representative Burnam (you brain-dead reporter) is one of this State's most anti-gun vermin ever elected to office in this State.

"Rowlett police investigated the shooting and reported, "It's the investigators opinion that the round that struck Domin originated from a weapon fired from the range."

Facts? What was the caliber? Exactly how did the trajectory of the bullet launched from the range coincide with the victim? Where is the ballistic evidence? Sloppy Police work if that comment is correct, and the reporter does not name police sources!

"And a licensed engineer and gun expert, hired by Domin, said the types of firearms used there can travel up to 2.5 miles".

Licensed by what agency? Certified as a gun expert by whom? Which types of firearms can travel up to 2.5 miles? Who is this expert?

"A neighborhood survey shows one man claimed he was scraped in the arm with a stray bullet while riding his bike. He has since moved to California. Another found shell casings in his yard."

Survey conducted by whom and when? Where was he shot, and in which neighborhood? If he moved to California, that really sux, because he had it better here than there.
    Those shell casings did not come from the range. Sounds like some homies trying to settle a score.

"Rep. Burnam promises to look into the insurance issue".

Yep, another slimy politico using his liberal education to kill honest businesses under the cover of justice.

Be well.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    "They are shooting up in the air at power lines. If they miss, the bullets come this way," he said.

The power lines are near the skeet range... Where can I get one of those shot guns that fires bullets???

I live about a half mile from the gun range. The power lines are nearly 90 degrees to the rifle range but that does not mean some one determined will not try it. As for the membership, everyone who shoots there pay a $5 lifetime membership and they keep no records, on there own admission.

I shoot there at the shotgun range and rifle range. I will not visit there pistol range. There is no supervision and there are too many n00bs out there pointing a gun any direction but down range. The RO, if he out side at all, stands behind the rifle range and occasionally looks left and right.

I like the old man that runs the place but a business owner without liability is insane -- any business.

When I get a chance, I will check the poles and for bullet holes the next time I'm out.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Actualy, not having liability insurance is a deterrent to plaintiffs attorneys.

Hut the key is having the land encumbered so there are no assets.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Actualy, not having liability insurance is a deterrent to plaintiffs attorneys.

Hut the key is having the land encumbered so there are no assets.
    Interesting tidbit of info... Encumbered as in a mortgage? Sort of a "own nothing, hold everything" strategy?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yep, another slimy politico using his liberal education to kill honest businesses under the cover of justice.

Sorry, but if the range is being run without the insurance required by law; I don't consider it an "honest" business!

But the discovery of shell casings in the neighborhood might be an indication that the source of the shootings may not be from the range. The same shit happened at Bracken here in San Antonio, a newly-built nearby neighborhood claimed it had bullets "raining" down on it; but pictures showed complete, unfired rounds. Based on what I have heard about Bracken, it is near impossible to be able to shoot over the berm there based on the way the shooting positions are covered. I thought we had a thread on this, but I can't find it. I know the city of Bracken was looking into the claims, but I never heard what became of it all...

Cheers! M2

mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS
    You my friend are an "old" member. I have been a member for +3 years and it cost $20 for the membership and $10 each visit. My dad had a membership years and years and years ago (lol) for $5 too. :)

Top Bottom