• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    That's kinda like asking "what gun should I buy?" I think you have to define your goals and what you want to get out of it. Do you want security? Large returns? What's your risk tolerance? Are you trying to generate cash flow, net worth, retirement income, income right now? I would determine my goals first and then build my financial plan around that.

This question is what would "you" do.
    DK Firearms

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    A lot depends on where this money comes from and what your long term goals are.

Risky investment of a "one time" large sum of money would be a stupid direction to go (although many people with "found money" do exactly that and lose their ass). It's not like a large sum of money is going to pop up repeatedly, so if one plans to use it for a lifetime of security, any investment should be very very conservative in nature.

Franchises do not make money. Look at the published success / failure rates and you'll see that the only person making any real money on franchises is the seller. Most net the owner lees than $20,000 per year... IF nothing goes wrong.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Franchises do not make money. Look at the published success / failure rates and you'll see that the only person making any real money on franchises is the seller. Most net the owner lees than $20,000 per year... IF nothing goes wrong.

That's enough of that. I want me some In-N-Out.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Many franchises are bought to pay the costs of expensive corners of real estate for a number of years while the value goes way up. Pretty smart long term if you have the money...

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd build a large training facility with onsite, affordable, barrack style lodging and individual cabins for traveling instructors. Advertise in all the big gun rags and pack classes. Bring in the best trainers from all over.

As long as it's not called "Front Sight", and run by a Freddie Mercury look alike. ;-) lol

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    As long as it's not called "Front Sight", and run by a Freddie Mercury look alike. ;-) lol

Front Sight is a cult classic. :-)

ignatius-piazza.gif

freddie-mercury.jpg

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Well, at least I'd be able to find a hot-looking hooker with a few bucks left over this time (and really a female - that's important).

Seriously though, I don't think this is the time to pull the trigger, so to speak. Split the money up between banks so you don't go over the FDIC insured max, park it there for a while but keep it liquid and ready to invest, watch the market, and when there's blood in the streets then you start buying in. Now doesn't look like a good time - I think the housing market will continue to drag down the broader market and a double dip isn't looking all that improbable anymore.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    honestly, you know me being the Paulbot I am. SILVER dude. Silver bullion. They keep barking there will be no QE 3 but I ain't holding my breath. Oil is predicted to go up more and silver almost ALWAYS mirrors oil. I'd invest in that.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I'd invest it in our state's education system... But with today's overcrowding of classrooms and political actions trying to "help" education using it in this way might be more appropriate...

money-toilet-paper.jpg

542707513v2_480x480_Front.jpg

Top Bottom