Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    best place for us locally to buy magazines walmart or walgreens
    My local Walgreens and Walmart are pitiful. There's not an Utne reader or imported Japanese magazine in sight. No Absolute Sound or any serious audio books. The only gun rags that seem relatively available are lifestyle mags like Recoil and that's not my cup o' tea. They don't even carry Shotgun News; and yes, I'm sure y'all know what it's called now but to me it will always be Shotgun News.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I started to go to a 1/2 Price Book store.
    Saw an 05/06 & 07 sign, turn and walked away.

Yea, that was about the last time I was in there; no one ever said leftists were intelligent.

I just practice what leftist like to call civil disobedience and ignore them. Plus, 99% of the time I'm leaving with their money in my pocket for books I paid zero for, so I'm also foisting another leftist ideal upon them by de-funding their operations. :roflsmile:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    My local Walgreens and Walmart are pitiful. There's not an Utne reader or imported Japanese magazine in sight. No Absolute Sound or any serious audio books. The only gun rags that seem relatively available are lifestyle mags like Recoil and that's not my cup o' tea. They don't even carry Shotgun News; and yes, I'm sure y'all know what it's called now but to me it will always be Shotgun News.
    <>

I’ve been advised to not carry any gun magazines (periodicals) onto our international flight.

Several years back while serving on the Texas LRGV FONRA Group, one of our elder retiree members told of being harrassed & strip searched by TSA b/c his little carry-on duffle had a NRA logo.

<>

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    If they still have a decent magazine rack, I might have to visit one. I haven't been to one in a long time and the dedicated newsstands of my youth are long gone.
    There used to be a magazine store in the Galleria, liked looking and if you needed a specific magazine they most likely had it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I just practice what leftist like to call civil disobedience and ignore them. Plus, 99% of the time I'm leaving with their money in my pocket for books I paid zero for, so I'm also foisting another leftist ideal upon them by de-funding their operations. :roflsmile:

Five finger discount?

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    6.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    There used to be a magazine store in the Galleria, liked looking and if you needed a specific magazine they most likely had it.
    The Barnes & Noble I visited did have a one-wall magazine section, organized by topic / interest. There were numerous firearms mags, but nothing I was interested in.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Last time I went to B&N to get some books for the kids, there were huge displays of faggot books. The award winning section didn't have the Newberry classics I am use to. It was all gay and racist crap.
    Hell even the scholastic books tour that hits the schools if full of home shit.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I used to buy Shotgun News and various gun books in Barnes & Noble. Honestly thought they went out of business years ago, I guess not. Only a Books-A-Million near me now and they suck compared to the B&N I used to frequent now and again a few times a year.

Top Bottom