• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Most all the new members are moving to or have moved to or have been residents for a time from Austin.

Other than the geography and the liberal over run is there something else or some kind of magnetic field that draws em in? Housing and property are not cheap in fact way over priced.
    Traffic is just that. Tourist attractions are overly crowded, Downtown area Sucks!, Lake Travis is just a lake, is it the California, New Yorker, New Jersey, Arizona and such vibe?
    Long standing residents don't go off on me I know it was a great place a couple decades ago and once you're settled you're settled.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Most all the new members are moving to or have moved to or have been residents for a time from Austin.

Other than the geography and the liberal over run is there something else or some kind of magnetic field that draws em in? Housing and property are not cheap in fact way over priced.
    Traffic is just that. Tourist attractions are overly crowded, Downtown area Sucks!, Lake Travis is just a lake, is it the California, New Yorker, New Jersey, Arizona and such vibe?
    Long standing residents don't go off on me I know it was a great place a couple decades ago and once you're settled you're settled.
    There's too many Texans in other parts of the State. :usflag:

mdf9183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2018
    Bastrop
    I lived there for 20 years but that was because of my job, when I retired I got out of there as fast as I could.That was in 1989 and haven't been back since

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Talking with a friend the other day. Her daughter plus the daughter's friends graduated from UNT Denton a few years back and they all headed to Austin due to job opportunities being better than DFW.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    ...at companies with the same/similar "mindset" of the cesspool community left behind.
    Not a good outlook for the Austin, area, I am afraid. We lived in WA for years and got to see the decay from the CA exodus. The people were always SO glad to be away from the taxes and gangs and crap, but still had their lefty mindsets, even though it ruined their former homes, which began in paradise.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yeah but not worth the ticket price.

Eh, not to you.

The greater Mustang Ridge-Elgin-Cedar Park metropolitan statistical area was the 2nd fastest growing MSA in the US in 2023. Georgetown is in the MSA and was the fastest growing city >50,000 in the US in 2022. It stands that some percentage of that growth is going to find it’s way to our little corner of the ‘net.

I grew up in Pflugerville, experiencing it’s growth from a one schoolhouse town to there being about a dozen or so schools. Left in ‘92 came back for visits to family until they all went further out over the last three years or so. Not my cup of tea, but it’s certainly is for a lot of people.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Already is.

About 10 years ago, they started work on a new subdivision outside Dripping Springs (which is outside Austin). I thought nothing of it, rather than lamenting the loss of more countryside for a neighborhood full of expensive cookie-cutter houses on tiny plots of grass with a single sapling planted out front.

Then, a few months in, they put up a billboard advertising the name of their little housing development.

"Caliterra".

No shit. Guess who they're catering to?

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    It's easy to sit back and judge others trying to support their families, I suppose. Must be nice.
    1704837815389.png

Top Bottom