Target Sports

Is McD's going down the road of "New Coke"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County

McD's is trying to get back some market share by changing up the burgers and offering "Big Mac" sauce a la carte. Full change over will finish in 2024 but some places are already serving the new stuff. New buns, new cheese, burgers grilled with onions, and more sauce on the Big Mac. McD's rides on a pretty comfy nostalgia cushion. I wonder if fans are going to embrace or reject the changes.

I'm aware some of ya'll wouldn't step into a McD's, but for the rest of us, what say you?
    ARJ Defense ad

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Meltier cheese sound like code for fake cheese.

McDonald's is dead to Me. They havnt been relevant in a couple decades just like booger king.

They had a decent special quarter pounder patty fir a while but quit making it that way. Now it's back to blah.

Havnt had McDonald's in over a couple years.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    McD's up north is like Whataburger down here. Everywhere.
    Meltier cheese sound like code for fake cheese.

McDonald's is dead to Me. They havnt been relevant in a couple decades just like booger king.

They had a decent special quarter pounder patty fir a while but quit making it that way. Now it's back to blah.

Havnt had McDonald's in over a couple years.
    McDonald's will survive as long as people continue to procreate.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I find it hard to believe that with all of the other choices out there, that people still eat that carp. I think the last time that I ate at a McDonald's was about 1997, at the Frankfurt, Germany airport. I ate there because not very much was open yet at that early hour, and it was the least objectionable choice.

Last edited:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    All they need now is to serve Bud Lite....
    1682645202558.png

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

McD's is trying to get back some market share by changing up the burgers and offering "Big Mac" sauce a la carte. Full change over will finish in 2024 but some places are already serving the new stuff. New buns, new cheese, burgers grilled with onions, and more sauce on the Big Mac. McD's rides on a pretty comfy nostalgia cushion. I wonder if fans are going to embrace or reject the changes.

I'm aware some of ya'll wouldn't step into a McD's, but for the rest of us, what say you?
    been close to forty years since i ate at mcdonalds for fast food burgers we go to sonic or whataburgerand burger king occasionally!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    All of the walmarts I worked in had a McD. After 20 years, I have more than enough. The last several years, the only thing I would eat is a double fish with no tarter or cheese. I have not touched their food since I retired 4 years ago.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    I find it hard to believe that with all of the other choices out there, that people still eat that carp.

People really are that Low Class.

Once upon a time it was illegal to adulterate meat with sawdust.

Then, Wall Street got the FDA to change the definition of "Beef" to include cellulose, which is basically indigestible wood pulp.

For 20 years I watched my employees who ate that cattle slop for lunch run to the bathroom with diarrhea every afternoon.

They were too stupid to make the connection.

Top Bottom