Capitol Armory ad

Is the FN FNX 45 Tactical really the bee's knees?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    How about sights - try finding specific height sights for a firearm other than Sig, Glock, or M&P....getting your slide cut for an optic and don't want the "suppressor height" sighs to take up half the window? SOL if you're rocking a gun with limited support and difficult to find parts. I had a hard enough time trying to find sight for a P320 that wouldn't occlude the hell out of the window after getting my slide(s) cut for optics.

How about magazines? Even Sig mags were difficult to get for a long time and are expensive...M&P, CZ, etc have had their availability issues in the past and all have pricey mags.

Want a magwell? How about a mag extension for the range? How about an aftermarket magazine for the range so you can preserve your OEM jobs for carry or duty?

I could go on, but I don't think I need to - I'm not talking about fancy aftermarket triggers (although it's nice to have options) and whatnot....just stuff that normally gets tossed around when buying a new gun.

I guess if you're not a red dot person and you don't care about buying mags or using extensions for the range and all that then aftermarket and overall parts availability is meaningless...but even a lot of Glock OEM parts (like trigger components for example) are getting damn near impossible to find...

Just my wooden nickels worth.
    There are companies that can make any sight height and cut you want, trijicon and Amerigo cover pretty much every major brand.

Aftermarket magazines are always a crapshoot, and is not even remotely under consideration for me when buying a potential carry gun. Unless the gun is a taurus or hipoint, the OEM mags should not need to be "saved". Service your mags and don't chuck'em lips first into concrete and they will literally last forever.

Not all companies are the same. Some just make the gun and let the aftermarket pick up the slack, some will make all the mag extensions, enhanced triggers your heart desires.

avgatbest

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2022
    Dallas
    There are companies that can make any sight height and cut you want, trijicon and Amerigo cover pretty much every major brand.

Aftermarket magazines are always a crapshoot, and is not even remotely under consideration for me when buying a potential carry gun. Unless the gun is a taurus or hipoint, the OEM mags should not need to be "saved". Service your mags and don't chuck'em lips first into concrete and they will literally last forever.

Not all companies are the same. Some just make the gun and let the aftermarket pick up the slack, some will make all the mag extensions, enhanced triggers your heart desires.

Absolutely false on the sights re: Ameriglo and Trijicon.

I wasn't referring to aftermarket mags - I was talking about availability of OEM mags and parts as well as price...I mentioned aftermarket and stuff like sights, mag extensions, magwells, etc etc etc.

I'm gonna bow out of this thread - seems like an argument about nonsense and not helping OP much and he isn't even participating.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Absolutely false on the sights re: Ameriglo and Trijicon.

I wasn't referring to aftermarket mags - I was talking about availability of OEM mags and parts as well as price...I mentioned aftermarket and stuff like sights, mag extensions, magwells, etc etc etc.

I'm gonna bow out of this thread - seems like an argument about nonsense and not helping OP much and he isn't even participating.
    Which major brand do trijicon and Amerigo not cover? Glock, H&K, Sig, Beretta, S&W, Walther all have options from those 2 companies.

If it's one specific type of sight you want for one particular gun, well you aren't the only one. Lots of people have very overly strong opinions on sights, and all the companies in the world cant placate everyone.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    First 'ducati' is back and now 'hillbilly' makes a cameo appearance.

Hang on for the 'excitement' - (pssssst, these melanomas just won't go away)

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I had a standard black FNX-45 years ago. Bought it used at a local shop for a great price. Really enjoyed it and it shot great. I shot it only at an indoor range for about a year and then took it with me to shoot with some guys from my unit. It was a standard summer central Texas day and temp was low 90s. We had all our guns and gear on a truck tailgate. The FNX started having issues with not firing on the DA trigger pull. Then I noticed the grip had become very soft. I could deform it by squeezing the grip.

Called FN and they said I was not the original owner, so I would need to cover shipping both ways, but they fixed it free of charge. Replaced the grip and some other parts. Never had an issue after that, but traded it off later. I would assume that issue is not found these days.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I have one. It's fantastic, however I suggest you try it out first.
    It's extremely accurate - but all my other .45s are easier for me to shoot.
    The only .45 I own is an HK USP .45 that I bought 15 years ago.
    My hope is the FN FNX 45 is basically going to be a newer tech version of that gun.

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels
    If you want DA/SA .45, and don't mind not having a threaded barrel, the Px4 storm is great
    I picked up a PX-4 Storm in 9mm from a pawn shop and it is one of the most accurate guns I own. Low recoil and either 14 or 17 rd mags (can't remember right now)

Rest of the Beretta line tho? Meh.

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    I actually find it to be a pretty good gun overall. It is big, but the weight is balanced and it sits very much like a 1911 in the hand. But a lot thicker. Plus the sights it comes with are really easy to pick up. And just look darn cool in the dark. And the trigger, oh that damn trigger. Smooth as glass 10 pound double action, and the single action is just a very crisp 3ish pounds. It makes you want to keep shooting it.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I actually find it to be a pretty good gun overall. It is big, but the weight is balanced and it sits very much like a 1911 in the hand. But a lot thicker. Plus the sights it comes with are really easy to pick up. And just look darn cool in the dark. And the trigger, oh that damn trigger. Smooth as glass 10 pound double action, and the single action is just a very crisp 3ish pounds. It makes you want to keep shooting it.

I actually went with an HK 45 Tactical. But I am keeping it on the potential list.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Anything with “tactical” in the name was thought up by someone crawling around a urine soaked truck stop bathroom floor in a meth induced frenzy to suck as much strange cock as they can fit in their mouth.

Avoid all things “tactical”.

You have such a poetic way with words to describe what I was thinking.

Keep up the strong work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom