Is the UK going to try and disarm the colonies again?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    If I read the data correctly, according to census.gov (Age and Sex Composition in the United States: 2011 - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau) there are roughly 62,349,000 males age 18-45 in the U.S. If we took a representative sample equal to the ratio of gun owners against the population as a whole (roughly 314,000,000 according to Population Clock) we get a value in the neighborhood of 16%. If we applied that 16% to the 18-45 male demographic we get a total of 9,975,840 males of age that own guns. So we take the patriotic 10% of that and we arrive at a final number of 997,584. Nearly four times the number that fought in the Revolutionary War.

My point is that nearly 1 million partisan fighters is a nightmare for any invading force and I guarantee you that a lot of determined women and a small army of crusty, old farts with plenty of fight left in them will swell those ranks not only in number but in experience.

Again, I wouldn't bet too heavily against those odds.
    Indeed, the 18-45 male population is probably where 80% of the firearms are. I would guess the pct of 18-45 with guns is more like 30-35%--much higher east of California and south of the Mason-Dixon line. I don't really expect we'll have to fight the British again. We have, in fact, beaten the bloody British back twice. Anyone remember the War of 1812? The Battle of New Orleans? (OK, we'd probably lose that one this time, but let 'em try and come up the Houston Ship Channel!)
    Texas SOT

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Let'em try. TxDot has a fleet of ferrys ready to go!:beat:

Not to mention the Highway Patrol.

t1larg.texas.boat.jpb.jpg

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can we send Piers Morgan to Gitmo?

Gitmo? To Hell with that. Hang the scummy vermin from the tallest tree you can find.

Technically the militia is any able-bodied male 18 to 45, or something like that.

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
    Richard Henry Lee - 1788, Senator, First Congress

I'm 63 and I'm more than capable of bearing arms.......
    44.gif
    38.gif

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Im 51 and would take up arms to defend my country. As would my 16 yo son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Writing for the UK-based Guardian, Henry Porter asserts that it is time for the United Nations to somehow undermine private gun ownership in the United States.

"…what if we no longer thought of this as just a problem for America and, instead, viewed it as an international humanitarian crisis – a quasi civil war, if you like, that calls for outside intervention? … If this perennial slaughter doesn’t qualify for intercession by the UN and all relevant NGOs, it is hard to know what does. "

Mr. Porter doesn’t specify how the United Nations and other non-governmental organizations are supposed to accomplish this task, especially since every UN military operation is made up of 90% U.S. troops and equipment. Who's going to come take our guns? The UK, Netherlands and Belgium? The Texas National Guard could stop that bunch. Actually the contestants in an IPDA match could probably stop them! The other thing Porter seems to have forgotten is that the last time the Brits decided the colonies should be disarmed, they got their butts kicked right out of here! Anyway, here is the article about it, likening guns to slavery.

Is Defending the Second Amendment akin to Supporting Slavery? - Daniel J. Mitchell - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page full

There are no Colonies.

The rest of it is must mental masturbation. Obama has a chance to affect gun laws here, no other country does. Certainly no club made up of people from different countries.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Gitmo? To Hell with that. Hang the scummy vermin from the tallest tree you can find.

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
    Richard Henry Lee - 1788, Senator, First Congress

I'm 63 and I'm more than capable of bearing arms.......
    44.gif
    38.gif

Not what the law says.

10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes | Title 10 - Armed Forces | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And what exactly does he think the UN and other NGOs could do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Some think they can do something. The following from another board I frequent where I posted the shot-up UN helmet photo and comments AGAINST the UN arms treaty:

Mark #######

I like your helmet with holes..but being english..were used to executing Americans..think we couldn't do it again? well its only that im very polite..just sending you this message on seeing your offensive photo...

Yours sincerely

mark (well able to take your life with any caliber to hand..but my choice would be me fav .22)

your call dude..

I responded that HIS government disarmed everyone but MY government hadn't so WE still have OUR guns. Also I noted I'd best not see him coming with his rimfire popgun. :rocket: :asniper:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The Brits should look into their won mirror, to see what has happened to their own crime since they decided to disarm their own citizens. Failing that, maybe they should look into their own History books. My late Dad spent almost a year as a USAAC Intelligence Officer attached to the Brits during WW-II. Every time they would brag on their "Black Watch" or "Highlander's" military units' prowess; Dad would just ask quietly "Do you think they'd like to go back to Chalmette?" Chalmette was where they were severely defeated, routed, and gave up their arms to a bunch of Louisiana citizens, pirates, slaves, & a few US troops under General Andy Jackson. This is now known as the "Battle of New Orleans", and propelled Jackson to the US Presidency.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Brits should look into their won mirror, to see what has happened to their own crime since they decided to disarm their own citizens. Failing that, maybe they should look into their own History books. My late Dad spent almost a year as a USAAC Intelligence Officer attached to the Brits during WW-II. Every time they would brag on their "Black Watch" or "Highlander's" military units' prowess; Dad would just ask quietly "Do you think they'd like to go back to Chalmette?" Chalmette was where they were severely defeated, routed, and gave up their arms to a bunch of Louisiana citizens, pirates, slaves, & a few US troops under General Andy Jackson. This is now known as the "Battle of New Orleans", and propelled Jackson to the US Presidency.

And after mentioning the Battle of New Orleans, send them this link: Johnny Horton

Top Bottom