• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I just bought some plinkin' (and breakin' in) ammo from the local wallyworld. I bought the Winchester white box in .40 S&W for $29 & change + tax. That seemed pretty cheap to me. Is anybody buying it off the shelf any cheaper?
    Hurley's Gold

richardnorton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Trent, TX
    Have to ask as it a box of one hundred rounds, not a bad price for 100 rounds, kind of expensive for a box of 50 unless it is hollow point, then you probably wouldn't want to shoot it for plinking, but ok for serious kind of work.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Bulk would of course be cheaper depending on freight charges as to how much.

Cabelas may also have a good deal but it's probably 100 miles from me and wallyworld is 7.

Reloading would beat it but there is the time factor involved. I'll be reloadin' the .40 pretty soon (got about 400 once fired cases) but I gotta' get me one of those dies to squeeze the "Glock buldge" out of the cases. But at this point I haven't seen a cheaper price for just walkin' in and picking them up.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Don't worry about the Glock bulge unless you may fire them in a very tight chamber. I have shot tons of reloaded .40s through my Glocks with no issues whatsoever. The bulge busters are a solution in need of a problem if you ask me.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Don't worry about the Glock bulge unless you may fire them in a very tight chamber. I have shot tons of reloaded .40s through my Glocks with no issues whatsoever. The bulge busters are a solution in need of a problem if you ask me.

You know, I was wondering about that. I didn't know how critical it may or may not be and was kinda' waiting for some more information regarding shooting without "squeezing" the case. Seems there's a lot of solutions to non-existant problems around the internet and gun mags. Thanks for the info.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It is the best value of any line of ammo. It shoots very clean, more so than Federal.

Save your brass, if you don't reload, you can always sell it for better than scrap.

I have noticed that Wally World sells ammo about one dollar higher in rural areas; the same box would have cost you $28.99 + tax in San Antonio.

Be well.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    It is the best value of any line of ammo. It shoots very clean, more so than Federal.

Save your brass, if you don't reload, you can always sell it for better than scrap.

I have noticed that Wally World sells ammo about one dollar higher in rural areas; the same box would have cost you $28.99 + tax in San Antonio.

Be well.

I do reload so I'll be using it several times and I prefer Winchester brass to Federal. And actually, the price here was $28.97 + tax.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom