• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    So I had to open the safe to put away a vehicle title (I keep them in a fireproof bag inside the safe) and I found a long gun I have owned for about 10 years and had complete forgotten about. It feels like an opportunity but it does bother me that I completely forgot I owned it. It was tucked in the back with some older long guns I inherited from my wife’s dad.
    DK Firearms

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I've forgotten about a .17 cal Savage I used to shoot a lot, but finally got tired of shooting the bothersome pests as there's a never ending supply of these prolific breeders.

I re-discovered it when looking for something else.

So, yes it happens because you (like me) have CRS!

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    What’s the gun?
    It’s a Remington auto loader that was chambered for 17HMR when I bought it. Then Remington decided 17 was not suitable for blowback rifles and recalled them. The price they offered was stupid low, but one option was to have it rebarreled for 22 mag, so that’s what I did. I didn’t find the 22 mag as fun as the 17 so i put it back in the safe and forgot.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Well, you DO live in Welfare, so I would call it an “unexpected boon”’and enjoy it!

There aren’t many auto loaders in 22wmr, so it may be something you could swap for something you do want.

Heck, a 22WMR semi would be great for a house or woods gun. I might even be interested.

Where in the heck is welfare Texas. I can’t even find it on Google.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    So I had to open the safe to put away a vehicle title (I keep them in a fireproof bag inside the safe) and I found a long gun I have owned for about 10 years and had complete forgotten about. It feels like an opportunity but it does bother me that I completely forgot I owned it. It was tucked in the back with some older long guns I inherited from my wife’s dad.
    You posting the question here, instead of cleaning it and going to shoot it is the only potential problem I see. Enjoy it. :asniper:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Between Nelson City and Waring. About 10 miles north if Boerne. South end of the Waring-Welfare metroplex.
    Waring welfare metroplex?

What is in 3 trailers a coffee shop and a QT?

Almost forgot the 2 cemeteries probably triple the population.

Top Bottom