• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Have had this .221 Fireball barrel for quite sometime now. The only thing I know about this barrel that isn't right is the 2 missing barrel screw tie downs on it. I don't know what else to call them, but they are gone. They barely have a head but can't tell if they are screwed in or are wedged in. Looks like screw in as far as I can tell. Who ever had this barrel just gave up on taking the other 2 out. The rest seems to be fine. Is it fixable or not worth the trouble it might pose ?

View attachment 1411

View attachment 1413
    Capitol Armory ad

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'm no expert, but couldn't you just grind them flush and free float the barrel? Or just bolt the last two? Like I said I'm no expert I'm just kinda curious myself.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Barrel

LOL... I'm no expert neither Big Country. I guess thats why they got rid of it . I don't know if anyone would want to build another gun using this barrel and going thru this mess. Most all .221's were dis-carded and i got what was left of a project build.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    But is it feasible to grind the studs off and just free float the barrel? I would think it would work. I don't think I've ever even seen any barrels like that now I'm curious. LOL

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Grinding

Yes sir Big Country, I guess I could get a Dremmel tool and grind off the excess off smooth. It also had a plastic insert that matched the contour of the barrel and the screw tie downs . Like I said , I don't know how it fit on original gun or what its purpose was . Here are some pics . Maybe you can figure something. I have no idea . LOL. I've seen pics of these on the internet before in .221 FB. and it was a plastic looking stock .

View attachment 1420 View attachment 1421

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I am probably wrong but weren't those used for the vent rib? Check with Simmons in Olathe, Kansas. They pretty much invented the vent rib and used to and maybe still do most of the installations on remmingtons.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Simmons

Thanks Army 1911, I have e-mailed them a few pics of this barrel and rib and hope to hear from them sometime soon. Whoever the original owner was of this barrel must have wanted to take off the barrel nuts. Too me they didn't look like they were dove tailed in. Anyways, maybe Simmons can shine a little light on this for me. LOL... might turn out to be a waste of time with this barrel.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom