• M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    TX has it's own separate power grid.

Eli

Not entirely. We're tied in with the rest of the nation.

I just used the 16s as an example because last I knew they have quite a few of them. Saudi and Jordan have already given them air clearance, it was in the news a few weeks ago. Pretty wild stuff.

IIRC, the Saudis revoked the clearance pretty quickly.
    DK Firearms

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    duh....and the the rest of the United States is all on one?

If we find ourselves in this situation, power is not going to instantly fail all over the country, but at some point, for some period of time, we could all find ourselves without basic utilities....electric, water, gas...
    thats why i have my own mega generator and fuel depot!!:patriot:

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    There is a (heavily denied) news story that the head of the Mossad himself recently visited Saudi Arabia to work on airspace clearance, I have a feeling the Irani regime is about to have a 'blaze of glory' end.

Eli

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    China isn't going to do anything if it ever wants to cash in their US bonds, and if they do we have one wild card in that region... Unshackle the Japanese. They are kinda toothless now, but if we released them from the military restrictions in the treaty, their past history would be enough to at least worry the Chinese. .

as i understand it, china has been selling US T-Bills alot lately.

and japan has a military, they jsut call it a police force...
    and there are shit loads of them!

:)

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Not quite. The Japanese have their Self Defense Forces.

Ohhh right.
    yeah i always call them nat'l police for some reason
    facepalm.gif

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Question,Would a strike on Iran by us or Israel have any affect on our coming elections if it occurred prior to Nov., I'm not sure hoping somone has a thought on this.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Question,Would a strike on Iran by us or Israel have any affect on our coming elections if it occurred prior to Nov., I'm not sure hoping somone has a thought on this.

Good Question....I'm thinking we could veryl see a "november suprise" that will effect the elections, if not stop them. With all the trouble brewing, it could come from a lot of different directions, including an "invasion" of mexican drug cartels that could lead the POTUS to declare Marshall Law and "postpone" or "suspend" the elections or at least the change of power by keeping those elected from being able to take their seats in either house...

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Good Question....I'm thinking we could veryl see a "november suprise" that will effect the elections, if not stop them. With all the trouble brewing, it could come from a lot of different directions, including an "invasion" of mexican drug cartels that could lead the POTUS to declare Marshall Law and "postpone" or "suspend" the elections or at least the change of power by keeping those elected from being able to take their seats in either house...

I have mixed feelings on this and am sure the administration is brainstorming on same issue, another war will have some strange effects on the election perhaps bring out the Dem's to vote against their leader things appear so bad not sure but I do expect some(another) emergency prior to Nov, hang on.!!

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX

late 30's Germany and Star Wars III all over again

Top Bottom