it doesn't always pay to be a hero

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Bigs Wife, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Bigs Wife

Bigs Wife Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
  2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Definitely not worth putting yourself in harm's way. You never know what kind of moron you'll be dealing with.

3. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Stupid... If we never fight back, crime will just continue. Cooperating just encourages criminals.

People are too soft on theft and robbery. I don't think most people realize that those two crimes are no different than enslaving a random stranger.

4. Bigs Wife

Bigs Wife Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    OK, here goes nothing... Do you realize that the robber could have had a gun??!! When i worked for the bank they told us probably a million times, DO NOT BE A HERO!! Do exactly what the robber tells you to do. He was lucky and just ended up with no job rather than no life.

5. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The only stupid thing about this, is the teller chased after a man that was believed to have a gun. I don't know about you but I don't think the force is with me enough nor is it strong enough to stop bullets for me. If the robber had been armed this dumb ass teller would be dead right now. They tell you that when get hired at a bank and then every day after you get hired, "do not try and be a hero, give the robber what they want and let them walk away" You see that way no one gets shot. :banghead: The FDIC insured money is not worth getting shot over. Neither is looking cool in front of that blond girl that works in the banks drive threw. This guy did something stupid and he is lucky he didn't get killed for it.

6. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    +1

7. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Looks like this guy (the teller) is just looking for trouble to come knocking. One day he's going to come across a real low life with a weapon, then he'll understand why it's not worth it. Defending your life or a family member is one thing, but risking your life over someone else's money isn't very smart, IMHO.

8. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    IF

Tellers everywhere were known to be armed and trained to use firearms, the thugs would think twice about approaching one of 3 or 4 and demanding the money. This "I give up" attitude we have now that says "let the crook have anything they want" is total bullshit.

Serious punishment for serious crime is the real answer.

9. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    This kid wasn't armed, if he would have drawn a side arm and said freeze it would have been a different story. I agree completely on the idea of arming every teller. And having at least two armed guards in every bank, for security reasons I think they should all have at least one visible and one in the back. They could be off duty police, just something other than yeah sure it yours go away. But he had no gun and he attacked a supposedly armed person. That is stupid! Considering most bank robbers get caught within the first 2 days (or less) of the robbery. Is someone else's money that is federally insured up to a million dollars worth getting shot for?

10. Bigs Wife

Bigs Wife Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    True, but they are just bank tellers. That's just like saying convenience (sp) store clerks, restaurants, and anything else that has ever been robbed should be trained to use firearms and be armed. So in turn, EVERYONE should be armed and trained to use firearms