Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Many of us have fired firearms with far worse recoil. I've seen it done dozens of times at our Family Reunions. I can't figure out why people are so intrigued over the recoil of a 10ga shotgun.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Many of us have fired firearms with far worse recoil. I've seen it done dozens of times at our Family Reunions. I can't figure out why people are so intrigued over the recoil of a 10ga shotgun.
    Yep.
    Ben has some "handguns " that hurt more than shoulder mounted long gun could be close to in recoil.
    12 to 10 GA ain't a big jump.
    16 to 12 is double the jump and negligible in recoil/load delivery.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ben has some "handguns " that hurt more than shoulder mounted long gun could be close to in recoil.
    Actually, I was thinking more about my .340 Weatherby, an early creation of Ultra Light Arms. It weighs about 5 pounds and makes a bit of an impression when fired.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Thanks for that added information, From what limited info Ive seen so far and based on the name, it may be that the HP had more of them than the townies.. Ive checked with one LEO that goes back to the 70s and he hadn't ever seen one either. I dont remember seeing one at the Texas Ranger Museum but may have missed it. They had every other kind of rifle, pistol and shotgun there. As rare/scarce as the Roadblocker10 gauge seems to be, one certainly belongs in a museum just based on the DOJ Bulletin I found. Hopefully, we can hear from an HP that has ran one.
    I volunteer.

granpas gotagun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Texas
    Yall must have some entertaining Family Reunions and your kin must pack big guns. Im not knowledgeable on shotguns but recoil is one of the topics that pops up around the Roadblocker. The DOJ materials equated it to 2.5 to 3 - 12 gauge rounds even as heavy as it is, Im thinking Im still not interested in shooting it to see how I feel about the recoil.

granpas gotagun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Texas
    As long as you ;
    Stand while shooting and position your body to absorb the “recoil” and;
    Position the stock correctly against your shoulder.

it will not be bad.
    Thanks for the advice, Im gonna find a gun bud and get them to do that for me or maybe just see if Ben will invite me to the next Family Reunion...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The little I got to shoot my benchrest .50bmg recoil was not a bug isssue, but it’s a 35 pound rifle with a well designed muzzle break.

When I worked with Euro Gun Imports the owner had several different .500 Nitro Express rifles. First one he had I suggested a red dot and it worked well for his old eyes. I ended up being his test monkey & official sight in boy. Sighting in hunkered over a rifle on a bench has a way of exaggerating recoil. I remember his last Ukrainian wife Oxanna getting blown out of her seat when she set off both barrels of her .375H&H.

Top Bottom