• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I have been carrying my PF-9 in a Galco Pocket Holster since I picked it up a year ago, and though it works great I prefer IWB carry. I love the Milt Sparks VM2 that I carry my Wilson Combat Professional in, but dont want to wait a year for another one. I was on my way to Houston on business recently, and my son asked me to stop by Collectors Firearms to look for a Tucker Texas Heritage for his PF-9. They had no more Tuckers in stock but I did come across a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC, made for a Kahr CW9 that fits it like a glove. He really wanted another Tucker and was not really interested in the MTAC, so I bought it. I wore it to dinner that night and afterward for several hours interacting with 6 colleagues and 2 Reserve Deputies. It is a tuckable style holster and I was careful to tuck in my golf style shirt, with a little blooming around the waist. No one made me, nor did anyone in the resturaunt. I have never tried one of the Comp-Tacs, before this one, but it is very well made and comfortable to wear. It is also my first hybrid or kydex holster for that matter. Ok here is the actual holster, with the PF-9 in place of the Kahr CW9, it's actually made for. It fits like a glove with no movement. I can turn it upside down and the gun remains in the holster until I give it a good shake. The hardest part is properly getting the shirt tucked in between the holster and the Kydex clips. While at home I practiced the draw about 20 times to give myself some muscle memory. I can get the shirt up and out of the way and draw the holster very fast.
    PF9MTAC.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

kimbercarry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Waco
    I have looked at this type of holster several times in the past. I like the fact that it allows you to tuck your shirt in, but it looks like a lot of material to stuff in your waistband. Would the regular kydex holster be more comfortable and less bulky?

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I carry my PF-9 in my field jacket pocket, it doesn't print (show) or in my jeans pocket. Reliability ? In spite of looking like a Mattel toy, its safe and won't go off in your pocket, jeans or your hand unless that double action trigger is pulled. There is no firing pin/plunger held back that dropping might cause to fly loose and hit the primer. I know for a fact that some Texas LEOs carry PF-9s in an ankle golster, their boot, or wherever as a back up pistol. And they don't cost an arm and a leg. Mine handles round nose and jacketed hollow points flawlessly. Kel Tec should thank me for my bragging but thats okay, the truth is free....

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I bought my Keltec just so I could pocket carry. I'd be worried about losing that little gun under my shirt.

I thought about some of Comp-Tac's holsters for larger guns, but I fell for Galco.

Top Bottom